The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Dogs The Wolf in your back yard

Dogs The Wolf in your back yard

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. All
cont'd ...

Totally agree that these dangerous breeds
should not be in the suburbs. And that the
problem does lie with the owner and the
breeder of these dogs. They shouldn't be
kept as pets.
Posted by Lexi, Friday, 19 August 2011 2:35:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Belly,

I've done a bit more research on the pit bull
breeds. I found out that because of their
fearless, aggressive and tenacious nature, pit
bulls have been used for attacking bulls and
bears and have been used in organized dog fights.
(Organised dog fights are illegal in many countires).

In 1991, the UK government introduced legislation
requiring that dangerous dogs, including pit bulls,
be kept on a lead and muzzled in public.

The law also made it illegal for them to be bred in the
US and Canada, some communities have passed laws
prohibiting or limiting the ownership of pit bulls
and other dangerous dogs, or compelling owners to take
out liability insurance.

Pit bull attacks on people have been blamed on the
natural aggression of the dogs. And some experts consider
that the fault also lies with irresponsible owners, who
may have abused their dogs or brought them up to attack.
Posted by Lexi, Friday, 19 August 2011 4:28:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Lexi all ok our life experiences tell us different things.
It is said I get on better with dogs than I do with some people.
I do understand them, pit bull came from pit fighting.
I do not want to get too close to current events.
I knew, yep, a Sargent of police, small town cop, good bloke.
He however was a racist.
He had a mini foxie, little dog.
Trained it to terrified people of a certain color.
Bought such people on Saturday nights for drunkenness, those dogs bit and terrorized without command, but after training.
Say you disliked a person in your town,think after a while your dog seeing you as pack leader may pick up your dislike, even act on it.
Rottys are good, in the right hands bad in the wrong.
Almost every breed is.
It take much more than love, it takes understanding to bring up a dog.
Wolfs in the end are the ancestors of even the pink puff balls with earing's too.
Posted by Belly, Friday, 19 August 2011 5:14:32 PM
This new add at the top the screen is mighty frustrating. I go to click, and the screen interrupts my progressing.

Like most, if you have a dangerous item that clearly is what it is, must come under the acts of firearms and such. Of course you cant put your dog in a lock-up cupboard or anything that conflicts with RSPCA rules and regs, and all knows this four-legged killing/hunting dog is the blood-hunger pit boss it was breed for.

I say NO to the ban in this situation and photo ID'S and have it LIC's like any other High risk goods.

LEAP
Posted by Quantumleap, Friday, 19 August 2011 6:02:58 PM
Belly...in-stead of being the pit boss you love so much, try 13 in law and have a good go at helping the people.

Dont get me wrong, I too see the human/condition, and trust me, I would listen too most of the time, when its comes to common law.

Belly people, I think just the same way as most do, and we want answers to what gives our lives the most meaning, and that's an interactive competitive understanding that the greatest minds can give. when they have the time:)

I think that's what we are all in it for.

LEAP
Posted by Quantumleap, Friday, 19 August 2011 8:59:28 PM
Having looked after the awful wounds caused by dog bites
(they last much longer than the average wound because of terrible ongoing infections), and knowing the stories of the victims,
I say to ban pit-bulls and any breeds crossed with them.

There is no point saying it is the owners fault, even if it is, because once the dog has bitten or killed someone, it is too late for that person isn't it?

We could start by having mandatory sterilization for these breeds, and once they are gone, then that's it, no more ugly, violent pitbulls in Australia.
After that, we could go for mandatory sterilization of their owners...

All dog owners whose pitbull maims or kills someone should be charged with assault with a deadly weapon, or murder.
Posted by suzeonline, Saturday, 20 August 2011 1:38:10 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy