The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Federal Labor MP and the prostitutes. Fringe benefit?

The Federal Labor MP and the prostitutes. Fringe benefit?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. 12
  13. All
Lexi,

Actually, your side keeps on saying that "be prepared that you get reminded of what "your side" does. And heaven knows they've done quite a lot". I challenge you to do so.

When the push comes to the shove, what you provide is either trifling, ancient, or both.

For example the issue with Peter Reith's card:
1 it was 11 years ago,
2 He gave his government calling card details to his son to contact him, who then abused it for about $950. The details were stolen and abused by an unknown 3rd party for a large amount. So the vast majority was the abuse by a 3rd party, and a small amount by his son.
3 He immediately reported it to the PM who referred it to the police.

Compare this to the Thomson case where it appears that the huge amount was spent by Thomson himself, who fraudulently declared them as legitimate business expenses. On discovery, what did the Union and the ALP do? Nothing.

If you do have anything, please put it forward. I have plenty of recent examples in the ALP of fraud, corruption, paedophilia, etc.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Wednesday, 3 August 2011 11:45:10 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
SM,

I'm not interested in making lists or digging up scandals
be they Tony Abbott'd blatant lies about the carbon tax,
the behind the scenes donations from big businesses,
or how many Liberal MP's are not only taking their salaries
from the government but are also maintaining their private
businesses on top of that, or the Lindsay pamphlet scandal,
the Utegate scandal, and many more - including state governments
like Kennett's that were notorious for their cronyism and
corruption. The point that was being made was about YOU - and
we'd like to see YOU present more than just the one-eyed
vision of one party being guilty of bad things while trying
to paint the picture that the other guys are smelling of
roses. The point is - GIVE IT A REST. Neither side of politics
has any right to feel smug - both should be equally accountable.
Try starting thread for a change - discussing real issues in
politics - not just blaming the blame game all the time on the
one side - over, and over again. It's getting bl**dy boring
old chap!
Posted by Lexi, Wednesday, 3 August 2011 12:14:19 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Lexi,

There you go again with the unsubstantiated accusations. You have yet to provide specifics. Even if there were transgressions on the liberal side, it is no excuse for the blatant fraud and corruption from the ALP.

I don't follow the scripted party line and support gay marriage etc.

However, I very seldom ever discuss the liberals, and never paint them as smelling like roses. What I do is criticise the policy and behaviour failures of the incumbents. Given their incompetence and propensity to be caught with their fingers in the till, I am given boundless material to work with.

On the other hand, I have yet to hear any praise of the liberals from any of you, or concession that any of their policies might work. Their track record from 96 to 2007 was far better than the miserable legacy that Juliar is leaving us.

I wlll continue to highlight that which the ALP would like swept under the carpet.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Wednesday, 3 August 2011 1:47:05 PM
SM,

I explained to you that I don't have
the inclination to make lists. All
you have to do is your own research.
Simply Google the scandals of the Liberal
Party - there's plenty listed on the web.
I have mentioned several times the noble
traditions of the Liberal Party of the past.
Robert Menzies would not approve of the empty
rhetoric of the current mob - who as Malcolm
Fraser, John Hewson, and others have pointed
out - are not Liberals at all. As for your
stating that you shall keep on doing what
you've been doing - that's fair enough. But
then don't expect different results.
You'll keep on getting what you've gotten to
date. I'll leave you to it.
Posted by Lexi, Wednesday, 3 August 2011 2:28:25 PM
Pelican:>> Will SM ever post a thread criticising corruption or shenanigans within the Liberal/National Party. Nup...not a bipartisan bone to be seen.<<

Pelican just an observation, of what use is focusing in on the inadequacies and past track record of the powerless Libs? The current decision maker’s inadequacy is relevant right now. When the Coalition gets into power you will see a 180 degree spin in my vitriol if they are zeros like this Fabian lot.

I have been so myopic in my views since joining OLO that Belly thinks I am a goose stepper of the ultra right, simply because I take shots at the current governing party relentlessly, funny thing is if I had to define my politics without publishing a manifesto and in terms that one could relate to I would call myself a Trot realist rather than a Marxist, and a million miles from conservative right, but Julia’s Fabians and the Greens are viewed by me as just NAZI’s with green thumbs and no brains, even Hitler had the sense to listen to his Gauleiters.
Posted by sonofgloin, Wednesday, 3 August 2011 3:49:13 PM
Lexie my Baltic belle, my all time favorite from the Aussie Right was when the MEGA corrupt Bob Askin ordered the driver of the limo he and President Johnson were perched in to "RUN OVER THE BASTARDS" referring to Vietnam War protesters who were lying on the road. It gave a whole to meaning to Holts sycophantic "all the way with LBJ" written by the Campbell’s soup people.lol
Posted by sonofgloin, Wednesday, 3 August 2011 4:13:59 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. 12