The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Federal Labor MP and the prostitutes. Fringe benefit?

The Federal Labor MP and the prostitutes. Fringe benefit?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 10
  9. 11
  10. 12
  11. All
Belly,

For starters, the number of Liberals caught out is fraction of that of labor, and then when they are, they are stood down.

The senator in question has just been charged, and standing her down would be dependant on establishing the facts. The facts about Thomson have been common knowledge for many months.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 2 August 2011 5:01:38 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sorry Shadow Minister, I am aware we are often charged with rudeness in this part of the forum.
But truthfully you make it hard not to insult.
Did you see I agreed with your thoughts about this grub?
That he is guilty,and EVERYTHING I have stood against all my life?
I left my job, the one I was born for, union official.
Because I was under insulting BULLYING at the hands of a branch secretary,
My popularity with membership still is strong.
BECAUSE I told them every visit, the union is more important than any individual.
Now I am aware under the law your senator is not yet guilty.
I believe , my view, her story of mental pressure/breakdown on her part I am not calling for her to step down.
She may be found not guilty, may escape justice because of who she is.
But here is the problem.
Without doubt.
YOU WOULD
IF SHE WAS LABOR
CONVICT AND SENTENCE HER, BLAST MY PARTY, AND BE INFLAMMATORY.
Tell me SM it is not true!
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 2 August 2011 8:10:29 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Belly,

No politician is perfect - surely we all know that.
And quite a few in both parties have had their noses
in the "trough" so to speak - and done things that
they shouldn't have. If we started to finger-point
and list names - we'd never be able to stop - so many pollies,
so many accusations. However, having said that -
How many Labor ex-Prime Ministers have actually resigned from
the Labor Party - like former Prime Minister - Malcolm
Fraser has done? None that I can think of. And I wonder why he did? That says a great deal about the Liberal Party - and it's not very flattering is it? So if I was Shadow Minister - I wouldn't be
feeling too smug with myself just yet. What the little guys do
is not as significant - as what the big cats do - like Malcolm
Fraser, John Hewson...
Posted by Lexi, Tuesday, 2 August 2011 8:40:17 PM
Will SM ever post a thread criticising corruption or shenanigans within the Liberal/National Party.

Nup...not a bipartisan bone to be seen.
Posted by pelican, Tuesday, 2 August 2011 9:15:37 PM
Belly,

As far as the liberal senator is concerned, if she has been shoplifting, she should be expelled from the party, and if convicted she should resign, and this will be rapidly resolved through the courts.

My comment was not just on the multitude of offences that Thomson seems to have be caught with, but the cover up that the labor and the union are conducting to keep him on the bench.

Pelican,

There are sufficient others partisan to the other side who attack the libs, however, lacking the same ammunition.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 2 August 2011 9:42:36 PM
Yes but I am talking about your posts SM.

Yes we all hold biases and allegiances but I generally find more who are critical of the ALP even from within than any honest self-analysis from Coalition supporters even when they are in government.

Spin is what is wrong with our political environment at the moment. We need less of it not more, with rational debate not childlike point scoring and cherrpicking the bits that might make the other 'side' look bad while ignoring the bad bits on your own 'team'. This sort of politics is damaging to healthy democracy IMO.

Politicians of all stripes are voted by their electorate to represent the people not the other way around and as such their actions are subject to scrutiny but I reckon that applies to all politicians not just a select few.

I respect your rights of freedom of speech as you do mine, but I wonder if your proliferate and heavily biased posts have the opposite effect than you intend.
Posted by pelican, Tuesday, 2 August 2011 9:58:47 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 10
  9. 11
  10. 12
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy