The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Norway Tragedy

Norway Tragedy

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. Page 17
  10. 18
  11. All
@ Pericles:

Quite so, but you've kindly got us to where l think we should be in terms of that aspect of the attack. I certainly wouldn't be recommending anybody trying to gag hate speech, and I agree that the best strategy in dealing with it is to refute the lies upon which it is invariably based.

Mind you, the fact that the Norwegian terrorist included our 'culture warriors' in his manifesto is an uncomfortable fact of which 'conservative' Australians should be reminded, IMHO.
Posted by morganzola, Thursday, 28 July 2011 3:55:19 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
May I just point out a few things about the so called "Right", that is the "White Right" not the "Zionist Right".
The most obvious characteristic of politicised "White Nationalism" is the fact that they don't actually DO anything.
They write each other long e-mails and cut and paste news articles on ethnic crime to Stormfront and VNN, then once a year they'll pull out the old monkey suit and shuffle off to some Airport hotel or community centre meeting room to hear a few people give lectures on the things the e-mails contained anyway. Then they go home and spend the next year writing more e-mails and forum posts about what a great leap forward this years conference was and how it was great to catch up with their comrades over a glass of cask Riesling and a rubbery chicken dinner.

Then of course we have the "Costume party Nazis", the only thing that needs to be explained there is that there are actually a few of them who are not working for the Anti Defamation League or the F.B.I.

We move on to the Skinheads, yeah sure there are a few crews who are very professional and present as very slick, savvy operators but in reality they're just working class versions of the "Rubbery Chicken" conference people, they just prefer beer and Skinhead rock music to Pernod and Wagner, again they don't actually DO anything outside their own club activities.
The "Knuckleheads", the Green Teeth outsiders are just that, the only thing that marks them out is their violence toward each other.
Seriously, there have been periods over the last ten years where they've knocked each other off at the rate of one or two a month.
Every time I read about some "Kamerad" being shot or stabbed I automatically think "So which one of his bonehead mates did it?"
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Thursday, 28 July 2011 4:48:25 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I got my copy of 2083 from www.kevinislaughter.com (which my spell checker concocted into 'Levi Islam her', don't know why I take notice but I do). He had posted a little spiel for visitors that resonated with me and probably sums up my response to this thread and many like it on the subject.

"I will not ask for people to be reasonable, those that are will be.
I will not ask for people to consider before speaking, those who are inconsiderate were so before this.
I will not ask people to not make false claims, opportunistic liars who agreed would only be lying.
I will not ask people to refrain from what I think are bad jokes or tut-tut them for worrying about something that seems far less important, it’s solipsistic. Tragedies impact people differently, and those that live have their own struggles."

Some posters come across as touch defensive and one gets the impression their world view might have taken a little battering with what has occurred. The diatribe by the 2083 author about political correctness, referring to it as 'cultural marxism', does seem to taint their position.

"Those who would defeat cultural Marxism must defy it. They must use words it forbids, and refuse to use words it mandates."

It is going to be interesting to see how much the conservative 'White victim' takes a hit over this.

It is also interesting to think what the Andrew Bolt's of this world would be saying if a similar act had been taken by an 'eco-terrorist' on a Conservative party's buildings and youth gathering, determined to send a message about the inaction toward the threat posed by global warming. Would they be saying this was just a madman and not be apportioning blame? Somehow I think not.

I am having difficulty in reconciling a personal wish to disseminate and discuss 2083 on OLO and the wish of the author to have as many people as possible exposed to the material. 
Posted by csteele, Thursday, 28 July 2011 4:59:39 PM
Morganzola,

I just thought that it was an interesting post, because what was done in Norway has little bearing on the domestic situation in Australia, but the Greens used it to call for more gun control here.
Brown has been riding his hobby horse about semi-automatic pistols for years.
This latest example of his utter insensitivness is almost as bad as when he jumped on the bandwagon and accused coal miners of being responsible for the recent Queensland floods.
Posted by Is Mise, Thursday, 28 July 2011 5:16:38 PM
Csteele,
Europe has a very different political culture to the one we're used to, mainly because politics over there is actually worthy of the description "cultural pursuit".
For a lot of us White Australians it's hard to get one's head around a person being so exercised by the "state of things" as to even look for a political solution much less take drastic and irreversible action such as Breivik did.
Norway has roughly 1/5 our population and roughly double the number of active members of political parties. What's more from a quick scan of Wiki most of them have youth wings, a concept which would probably horrify the majority of White Australian parents.
Anything we might bring up is just going to go over most people's heads if we take it outside this thread and into the real world.
It doesn't matter which stance one's taking here, or what our political views (or lack thereof in my case) unless you're prepared to spend months and months mentoring someone just to bring them up to speed on what you've learned over half a lifetime you won't make an impression upon them.
It goes back to what I was trying to explain before, unless you use populist language and give White people your views in a Generalised sort of "White" way they won't listen to you.
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Thursday, 28 July 2011 7:48:38 PM
And so it goes:

" http://trademinister.gov.au/transcripts/2011/ce_tr_110726_sky_news.html

Sky News AM Agenda with Kieran Gilbert

GILBERT: And what about the idea of a ban to … a ban on semi-automatic pistols? This is something being pushed by Senator Brown of the Greens; also the National Coalition for Gun Control arguing, today, that there should be a ban on semi-automatic pistols.

EMERSON: Yeah, look, I'd take that on notice. I'm aware of that proposal. Again, while I'm in the mode of congratulating Coalition members, congratulations to John Howard for what he did on gun control. I think it was in 1997, following the Port Arthur massacre. So look, I think…

GILBERT: But you'd be open to the idea of Glock pistols, for example, tougher rules on that?

EMERSON: Yeah, it would be wrong for me to make a determination on that here. Just suffice to say that I think the use of weapons that enable people to commit mass murder, in the name of religion — whether it's Christianity, or Islam or any other religion — is a terrible thing. And that to see these young people lose their lives because they actually had a belief in fashioning a better world, a more decent world, is just horrible and it was an act of cowardly terrorism.

And I finally say this: we should not give any publicity to this bloke who did this, because that's what he wants. He wants to stand up and share his crazed, violent ideology with the world; seeking to convert them to his bizarre, vicious cause, and we should not give him that satisfaction.

GILBERT: Craig Emerson and Senator Brandis, appreciate that."

Question is 'How could the murderer have been stopped?'

Think about it, there must have been some way.
Posted by Is Mise, Friday, 29 July 2011 6:46:27 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. Page 17
  10. 18
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy