The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Clean Energy

Clean Energy

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Now that the Carbon tax has been imposed upon Australia. What happens next. With Getup help Australia is going to get Clean Energy.

Getup: An independent body, the Climate Change Authority (CCA), headed by former Reserve Bank Governor Bernie Fraser, to take the politics out of climate change by setting emission reduction targets for Parliament to approve;
- Funding to close down 2,000 megawatts of coal fired power stations.

There are a lot of unanswered questions:
When are the power Stations going to close?

What of the money that is being collected in the Carbon Tax?
Apart from Administration costs & the amount being returned to compensate the people for the cost of the Tax to them.

Will that money be used to setup clean energy Power Stations?

Where will these C.E.P.S.'s be?
As soon as one starts to be set up the Greenies will stop it. "Not in my back yard." Past Greenie arguements. Wind power creates too much noise, kills birds & stops cows milking. Solar Farms greate heat sinks & generate super storms, etc.

Will the Home Solar rebate scheme continue?
The cost of Solar Panels are still too high for the poor to average family to afford. A break even system needs to be about 2.4 kWs.
Posted by Jayb, Monday, 11 July 2011 5:23:18 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Bernie Fraser independent, now I've heard everything.
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 11 July 2011 9:29:29 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What of the money that is being collected in the Carbon Tax?
Jayb,
That's going into a vote buyer fund for the next federal election.
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 12 July 2011 7:32:42 AM
Individual:

...You remain as always my favourite cynic...
Posted by diver dan, Tuesday, 12 July 2011 9:10:24 AM
apparently the target aims at 2000 meg a what?..reduction
just enough to take out the brown coal..[thats the target]

lets allow the solar cells to prove their worth
turn off the brown coal for 3 days
see how solar cats the mustard

better a few days now
than the future..
when its all signed and sealed...ie effectivly gone

there is so much[TOO much]...clever spin
only 1000 paying..oopps only 500 paying
your not paying...but your getting a bailout

when we did cut our useage
the price went up
revealing the lie/con/spin

why cant parliment...call a lie a lie?
why did the juliar sign get called as a foul on tony
you must not take those who pour blood on walls as being anything but graphitee..or thearter..

oooops looks like i had another stroke last night
must have been from laughing about the pm cutting a polution phart
[see previous post]

anyhow catch the topic later
Posted by one under god, Tuesday, 12 July 2011 9:26:39 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I think we need someone like Dick Smith to take the Government to Federal Court to PROVE the carbon tax will have any benefit to Australia. Once he [or anyone] does this, the court MUST allow witness for the accuser. As Prof Bob Carter keeps reiterating " they will loss every time". That's the only way this insanity will be exposed for what it is. It's interesting to note that all anti-carbon tax rallys have NEVER been mentioned in ANY media before the event, only AFTER. I have been trying to get to one for a year now but can never, ever find anything that tells me when they were due and where they were to be held. What does that tell you ?
Posted by pepper, Tuesday, 12 July 2011 10:33:26 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy