The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > 'Legalising' prostitution in Western Australia

'Legalising' prostitution in Western Australia

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
Dear MM,

I live in Victoria and possibly our laws are fairer. I don't know much about WA. Brothels in suburbia are mainly controlled by local councils here - and are carefully monitored. There are enough brothels in the CBD of Melbourne to cater for all tastes.
Posted by Lexi, Monday, 11 July 2011 12:29:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I lived in Kalgoorlie W.A. for a long time, and the sex industry in that City is alive and kicking, now here's the surprise, the said sex industry has the backing of the Churches and the Community. Why? you may ask. It is because being a mining town, and a lot of single men work on the mines, some of them being away for a few weeks before returning to the City. When they come back, they go to the sex workers, who wouldn't?. During my long stay in Kalgoorlie, there was not one incidence of rape. The Ladies of the night provide a real service, they are held in esteem throughout the City, and they have weekly checkups (mandatory) at the Doctors. They provide a great service, are intelligent ladies and are/were instrumental in keeping the female population safe from sexual predators and the like. Typically, the Barnett Government who is very city centric, and doesn't know or understand the mores of Kalgoorlie, thinks that one glove fits all......sadly he is wrong. Unfortunately he (rightly or wrongly)accuses the incumbent Federal Government of being Eastern States Centric (perhaps he needs to practice what he preaches on Country Dwellers in WA).
Posted by Noisy Scrub Bird, Wednesday, 13 July 2011 12:18:08 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear MM,
Responding to your urging to oppose this Bill, I have just posted my objection to Christian Porter regarding the Bill. I also reminded him that the 'One Policy Fits All' is impossible given the vastness of this State and the different cultures herein.
Thanks for alerting us on this thread.
Cheers,
Noisy Scrub Bird
Posted by Noisy Scrub Bird, Wednesday, 13 July 2011 2:45:27 PM
To Dear a597
Re your comment "Prostitution is an Industry -W.A. doesn't have Industry."
Being a Western Australian I can assure you that Industry. including Sex Workers is crawling. The mining sector is wide spread, i.e. Gold, Nickel Iron Ore, Gas, to name but a few is alive and very much kicking, GST from W.A. is paid in larger proportions, the sex industry is prevalent in Perth, and very much alive in Kalgoorlie for example.I know that everyone is entitled to an opinion, but it is best to 'find out' rather than shoot from the hip.
Cheers
Noisy Scrub Bird.
Posted by Noisy Scrub Bird, Wednesday, 13 July 2011 2:59:53 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy