The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > No 'Hoodies' In Wynnum Retail Shops

No 'Hoodies' In Wynnum Retail Shops

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Crazy idea if you ask me. Robbers will just wear something else, like over-sized fake glasses with a funny nose and a beanie.

Seems to me they tried the no head coverings idea on for a bit and wandered into the big scary muslim debate.

What do you guys think, a step in the right direction, or fundamentally flawed with obvious spatterings of ridiculousness?
Posted by StG, Wednesday, 29 June 2011 7:03:46 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well, the people wearing the hoodies don't show their hair colour/type on CCTV video footage, so I guess they could be less likely to be caught if they shoplifted.
If people want to shop in Wynnum shops, then I guess they will have to pull their hood down while in there.
Why would they want them up inside a warm store anyway, unless they were up to no good?
Posted by suzeonline, Wednesday, 29 June 2011 10:30:53 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sorry but I have never seen a single person wearing a hoody I trusted.
In some parts of Sydney, black clothing is another sign, that says watch out.
For the same reason bike helmets and Muslim head covers should not be warn in such places I agree with the ban.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 30 June 2011 5:33:47 AM
For some the hoodie is a fashion statment, goes with the slumped shoulders and pants down. The I'm not really part of this look.

I wear one sometimes in a cold breeze but not for fashion and not into shops etc.

The hoodie can hide the face from most angles, eg the face does not show on security camera's from those angles and with it pulled forward from almost every angle. I get the impression that they are becoming pretty common in Qld's spate of armed holdups (sorry there is no spate of armed holdup's, move along nothing to see here).

Starting the trial in winter may not be the smartest time, probably be better to have done it in warmer weather but with the recent death of a policeman public sympathy might be a bit higher than normal at the moment.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Thursday, 30 June 2011 6:38:22 AM
If it's just a requirement to keep the hood down while in the shopping centre, I don't see any problem at all. However, if they try to ban the wearing of the whole garment, then they're going too far.

I'd be banned today, because it's just the sort of day when I'm likely to wear my hoodie when I go into town shopping later. It's blowing a gale and freezing cold, and it's not just young people who wear hoodies.

Belly old mate, you ought to know by now that you can't judge a book by its cover :)
Posted by morganzola, Thursday, 30 June 2011 8:14:02 AM
Yea, lets all wear bike helmets, body armor, & carry a six gun on our hip. It should not be only the misfits who can do what they like.

Morganzola, you must spend an awful lot of time reading the first 20 pages of some pretty lousy books, if you can't tell anything by the cover. I knew, just by seeing them on TV that Gillard & Rudd were both a waste of space. Of course they were pretty obvious, if you bothered to look.

Just for you, character recognition 101.

That bloke in the grey suite & tie is very unlikely to stick a weapon in your face & rob you. If he's going to rob you he'll do it with a keyboard. Most like a bureaucrat.

That one in the work clothes, & the hi vis shirt is also unlikely to mug you in the street. Just be careful to read his, or his bosses quote carefully, & the bill when you get it.

That one in the hoodie may just be an eccentric, but if there are a few together, dressed very similarly, they are probably already ripping you off through centre link, so may not bother you again. However, they are opportunists, so don't go into any dark allays when they are about.

Hope this helps you in future.
Posted by Hasbeen, Thursday, 30 June 2011 9:33:57 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy