The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Fukushima and our precious Farmland.

Fukushima and our precious Farmland.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
It's all horribly true and "what has happened to our media" ?.

Country Gal, I strongly urge you to watch the repeat of the program "Gasland" on the SBS.
You will witness for yourself real country people, with their rights completely trashed and their futures and their land's future unknown.

Gas frakking is an absolute disgrace no matter how it is spelt. Regardless of the alternatives this is just insanity.
Posted by thinker 2, Monday, 27 June 2011 9:14:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi thinker, saw it the first time around. Yes I agree there are major issues. Not the least of which corporate greed is largely unregulated in the US (we could improve here too, but its still much better). I also agree that mining or fracking near and on our best farmlands is pretty stupid. My issue though is that the same people that campaign against such things are usually the first to complain their power prices are on the rise (and/or put their hand out for benefits to help them cope).
Posted by Country Gal, Tuesday, 28 June 2011 6:33:31 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
SoG

Don't make assumptions.

Fracking would have to be one of the worst ways of releasing gas, ruining perfectly good farmland and completely unnecessary given our natural gas reserves (to which I was referring) off shore.

Enough easily obtained until transition to renewables can take up most of the demand.
Posted by Ammonite, Tuesday, 28 June 2011 9:19:04 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy