The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Knives are being sharpened for Julia Gillard.

Knives are being sharpened for Julia Gillard.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 14
  8. 15
  9. 16
  10. All
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/julia-gillards-winter-of-discontent/story-fn59niix-1226069670669

"IN a despairing counterpoint to the imminent first anniversary of Julia Gillard's brutal installation into the prime ministership, Labor MPs have, for the first time, begun to put a deadline on her failing leadership. In recent internal discussions, backbenchers have set December - the traditional killing season for political leaders - as the first timeline for any move against her, with the default position being early in the New Year."

Despite the backlash from the political execution of Kevin Rudd, the unthinkable is being seriously considered. With the carbon tax as popular as the plague, and the moral and financial morass of the Malaysian Solution, federal Labor seems doomed to suffer the fate of NSW and Queensland.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 6 June 2011 3:03:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What has been the fate of QLD? We keep complaining about our government, and we keep voting it back in. Campbell Newman may turn that around; then again, he may not. As far as I can tell, the fate of Labor in Queensland has, to date, been remarkably pleasing (for Labor, anyway).
Posted by Otokonoko, Monday, 6 June 2011 11:26:48 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Shadow Minister while you see this as a negative for my party I see it the other way.
I truly, honestly and totally think the ALP is far better than Conservatives , more than ever under Tony Abbott.
But it is my belief Julia Gillard Carry's even more blame than Rudd for my party's failures.
A look, even a glance,at the once engine room of the ALP NSW will highlight a loss in direction .
Gillard was along with the unforgivable Simon Crean responsible,with Fitzgibbon, for dumping Kim and installing Mark Latham.
That awful group still owes my party and my country for its roll in that and the failures of the Rudd era.
With out delay my party/government should not just replace Gillard but who ever is putting policy's like cash for clunkers and much more to.
Haveing said this embraced your thread supported it as true I want to say this.
My party has let us down, it is full of hope and promise but it must embrace its failures.
Yours is no alternative, right now it is beyond belief that you lead in the polls,a sorry state for this country poor government but even worse opposition.
Abbott's latest 2009 film is one of a thousand available, even just his Hansard statements from his first days in Parliament show this man would say or do anything.
What a great new start for Australia if we saw both leaders dumped.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 7 June 2011 5:26:25 AM
By the way, you quote a newspaper that is at its best on the wall of an out back dunny door.
And it will not be Carbon tax, nore Malaysian solution, or live cattle exports that see the lady go.
It,as I said in a post the day she got her job, she can not be trusted.
If the independents vote against live exports, it should go without saying conservatives will not.
But sadly Abbott may vote with them, the problem is well on the way to being solved but your man is already siding with idiot left proud of that?
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 7 June 2011 5:33:11 AM
Belly,

The coalition governments have never been such a shambles. Your delusion that the opposition is worse is not shared by the majority of voters.

TAs negative campaign is necessary to keep the appalling labor government to account. Tony Abbott would be far better for Australia than Juliar.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 7 June 2011 6:05:00 AM
Getting ready to dispose of the Red curse is not a conspiracy, it's due to the fact that even Labor MP's (hard to believe I know) can see what that thing is doing to us. It's just an unusual display of common sense by the senseless.
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 7 June 2011 6:36:48 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 14
  8. 15
  9. 16
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy