The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Mandatory life term for cop killers

Mandatory life term for cop killers

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. All
Good evening to you Quantumleap...

In answer to your question - yes, with a shotgun. It occurred on Monday, 29 November, 1993. The assailant (sadly) later turned the gun on himself. One doesn't so easily forget such an incident in a hurry.

Such an encounter certainly brings things into a sharp perspective as it unfolded. It just happened, and it was over with, in a matter of a few short minutes. Though the memory of those events, stayes with you for a very long time I suspect ? It will me.

In point of fact, I actually served in South Vietnam before joining the coppers. Of the 'contacts' and ambushes in which I was manifestly involved, I can honestly say, was very differant indeed, to the events of 29 November, 1993.

It was the first and only time I was ever actually 'fired upon' in the job - and I was totally unprepared, both emotionally and physically for such an event.

So much for my former military training !

Goodnight Quantumleap, I hope this answers your question.
Posted by o sung wu, Monday, 13 June 2011 10:45:02 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy