The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Thankyou Mr Rudd

Thankyou Mr Rudd

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. 13
  11. All
Lexi I am guessing that your fore bears had a view of the Baltic Sea from their back door, and if so they certainly had reason to revile Stalin’s communism.

My lot were transported here for being dissident, and their lineage from the time of the NSW general strike have been the dissident voice in many local Labor Party branches so I was indoctrinated with Labor philosophy. I am by nature a social democrat but unlike the head social democrat Julia Gillard I would give pensioners a rate rise even if they did not vote for me, they built what I enjoy today. That is the thinking that has the Labor "social" credentials in tatters and their band aid appeasements are despicable self serving acts of supposed social democracy meant only to further their own existence.

Lexi you said "I believe there should be room for social equity, compassion and the idea of an egalitarian society". The ALP was founded in Barcaldine and your statement succinctly echoes the aspirations of that group of ag workers. The rank and file was always to be the end recipient of party policy, now they are a means to an end. There is no Labor Party, but there is the Chardon Fabian Party the ones who just yesterday stripped billions from medical research so we can lay ideological internet cables, cannot cure your illness, but we can look it up in a flash. The Libs are callous bastards but the Labor crowd are bald faced lying chameleons.
Posted by sonofgloin, Saturday, 9 April 2011 6:12:26 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
SOG you use the word lie instead of fail, often in your post.
You look for a Labor party than can never again be.
Look at the greens,said to be conservationists.
They could have given us an ETS.
Did not,why, wanted a crippling one!
Given you view,a lost one, that Labor fails its past,why then is the true leftist party only getting 12%?
Because that is the total left vote, no more exist.
IF you want reform true balance,come to understand balance of power in the senate need not be private property of so left a group.
Tonight our time tea party America and Democrats dealed.
IF Abbott can stop ranting we can out maneuver greens its in our country's interests.
Your Labor can never be elected you cede government to conservatives forever if you want perfection .
No party is able to get near that.
Greens threaten the anti conservatives, and could well entrench Conservative power for decades.
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 9 April 2011 6:51:07 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear SOG,

Yes, some of my ancestors did have a view of the Baltic Sea. Others lived in the Russian provinces. Many ended up in gulags, many were tortured and perished. My grandmother was Russian. I'm sorry to hear that you think so poorly of politicians. But I can't really blame you with what's currently available. Many people are disappointed with things at present.

I'm going to keep my fingers-crossed that things will improve. Sooner than later. BTW - Thanks for sharing your views.
Posted by Lexi, Saturday, 9 April 2011 7:30:11 PM
Me too SOG, a social democrat by nature. And here,here, on the post before last Lexi.

It is probable that the Chardon Fabian Party has taken over as you describe SOG, but the alternative is too awful to describe in the long term entrenchment of conservative politics that Belly heralds and fears. He could be right about this ?.

So where does a social democrat drift too with his vote, but towards parties such as the Greens, where the object is to at least make a principled vote, even if misguided ?.

I suspect that a New Major Party needs to emerge from the ashes of the status quo Belly, giving all Australian politicians, a new run for their money.
Something to think about, a universal kick in the pants perhaps.
Posted by thinker 2, Saturday, 9 April 2011 9:10:06 PM
What about it thinker2? You would be a good candidate to get the ball rolling. From the many discussions I have with people and the feedback from voters is lament at the rise of corporatism at the expense of Social Democracy. And the lack of real representation arising from a small elitist group who dictate the shape of public policy to a large extent.

I reckon it would be worth a go.
Posted by pelican, Saturday, 9 April 2011 10:45:50 PM
It may well be so thinker 2.
I can not stress enough it would have to be anchored in reality.
Social Democrats is not growth area in this country.
We must confront the fact self interest drives too many voters.
Others get the voting intentions from shock jocks and the newspaper the fish and chips come in.
I hold my hand up here, I once thought the Greens could be that party.
While being honest ,never thought much of Bob Brown.
Yet handed out their how to votes with my own every election.
Down SM, honesty at work here.
Look see with open heart and mind, the NSW Greens policy's and members.
Tell me they are in ANY WAY a conservation group.
Liberals box smart, with National party are a tag team.
Greens,by Browns orders are no partner to Labor, NEVER AGAIN SHOULD BE OTHER THAN OUR ENEMY.
So why not your SD party one that can get preferences from greens and Labor.
I will stand with Labor, demand a clean up, a new leader and dumping those who undermined our party.
But I fear we have had our good deeds hidden by our mounting failures.
And know, sadly fearfully,we will be in great trouble at the polls.
I also understand the next conservative government if lead by Abbott will fall on the same sword Howard did.
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 10 April 2011 5:32:28 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. 13
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy