The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > O'Farrell on Energy

O'Farrell on Energy

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. 11
  10. All
Too much attention has been directed at the faults of NSW Labor.
I sent Barry O'Farrell an email on 26 January 2011 asking "If elected will you privatise the electricity industry either fully or partially."
I received an email response on 7 February 2011 that stated "the NSW Liberals and Nationals are committed to releasing a detailed policy on electricity before the March 2011 State Election."
A direct question requires a direct response. Is this what we may come to expect from the Libs
Posted by Taurus, Thursday, 17 February 2011 5:27:58 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I would suggest you have received an appropriate response.

I would also suggest you will receive a further 'personal response' once policy has been made public.
Posted by rehctub, Thursday, 17 February 2011 6:28:36 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
After updating my PC security had a look and found todays OLO newsletter.
And this thread.
As an activist in the NSW ALP,from the group that murdered us, center unity, I think you are wrong.
Barry has not won the election, in truth he would not win a raffle.
However the ALP my party,if voters amounted to cash,could not raise enough to buy a ticket.
Power is now so bad, part sold part not, I think it can not/will not be saved.
Who ever wins[ what a silly thing to say,] Barry will betray us and sell, no other way around it profitable parts are [thanks to LABOR ] in private hands,would you have us keep the debt making bits?
To return to our proud tradition we must take our medicine, Obed and his mate, should be your target,along with their puppet our leader they killed us.
Next month we rebuild, Barry will,after his honey moon be our best helper.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 17 February 2011 6:43:06 AM
Does anyone really think that a NSW Liberal Government would not privatise energy either fully or partially? While the Labor Government made a botch of it completely I suspect the Liberals are not going to be campaigning on a "Save NSW Power" platform. I hope I am wrong.

O'Farrell is calling for an investigation into the ALP sell-off and claim they will allow directors and public servants to speak on the issue with the protection of an inquiry. However that is not the same as a commitment to keep NSW power as a public entity.
Posted by pelican, Thursday, 17 February 2011 10:11:15 AM
For years NSW power has been too cheap compared to phone. If the power suppliers prices had been 10% higher for the last 20 years to replace failing infrastructure and employ the staff they put off we would have been better off as a Public entity. Now we have to raise huge funds to improve aged equipment and that can only be raised now extravagant by higher prices.
Posted by Philo, Thursday, 17 February 2011 10:25:41 AM
My preference over the years has been for the power generation and
distribution to remain in public hands.

In its present state the need for more generators in a few years will
mean, either directly (public) or indirectly (private) ownership the
public will pay.

The problem seems to me to be that the politicians do not want the
blame for the high taxes or charges that will be needed to rebuild an
updated network and generation facilities.
If it is in private hands they can stand back and say "look at those
terrible capitalists".
Posted by Bazz, Thursday, 17 February 2011 12:50:10 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. 11
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy