The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > So, what comes after multiculturalism?

So, what comes after multiculturalism?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. 17
  9. Page 18
  10. All
belly,
Trying to lock up the 'ethnic vote' has been done before and is not so silly.

One in 4 of our population now has been born overseas or has a parent that was. In some Sydney electorates, where most of the populastion are, the proportion of ethnics is much higher, so if polys can capitalize on that, they will.

I'd think that, over all, you are right in that it will cost them votes, but that does not mean in every electorate, and remember it is the number of seats won that counts.

It seems labor is desperately trying to reduce the number of seats lost.
Posted by Banjo, Saturday, 19 February 2011 12:42:32 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Banjo please, believe me,Labor has used the ethnic vote to win seats, it may retain the one around Lakemba, it has been a safe seat and has far more than 2% of Muslims.
BUT so TOO has the conservatives.
I want to clearly say this, yet again, those workers I quote who are disturbed about some migration are from every country in the world.
NO SINGLE ETHNIC VOTE ever existed.
If this subject can not stand on its intended path, if it must be focused on every ethnic /migrant I regret my in put.
From a generally agreed to concern it would be very marginal and have very minor followers if it is aimed at migration.
The first post includes a lot of our world,while some may wish to hide behind the cowards cloak it is well known by most what bought about those comments.
Labor may have less seats than you think, but greens are in for a wind fall.. strange actually,they are never going to share most views in this subject,stand by for more PC forced down our throats until we remind those with the spoon it is some thing we will eat no more of.
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 19 February 2011 4:15:41 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Once again we have stalled I would like to say two things before we go under.
The current internal trouble within the Liberal party, and Labors attempt to use it is ignorance.
As I said up the thread people from both side in about equal numbers hold the same concerns.
It was/is politicians,world wide who inflicted a problem on us, tried to blame us[as racists or xenophobes]for its failures.
Second point,hard to get people to see, it is not race, not in any way, that drives this fear.
I loved the small victory in Egypt,hurt for the dead in those middle east country's.
Make it three,e mailthis morning, sent itto the rubbish binpurely racist.
But it reminded me of this, aman reading one Holly book, has the right to wed a 1 year old girl consumate the wedding at age nine and that ends my contributions here, PC is haunting me and in time will get me.
I do not fear people, I fear attitudes, separatism based on our own freedom to be us, on a view by some we are unclean/,.
I know, open your eyes you too will, we are headed for a nightmare, and those like me who warn of it are considered lessor humans for warning of middle ages type intrusions in to my life in my country.
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 20 February 2011 4:46:28 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. 17
  9. Page 18
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy