The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The most humiliating surrender since Singapore.

The most humiliating surrender since Singapore.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
With the failure of even one Labor state government implementing the legislation required to implement Labor's Health policy, (not surprising since the 30% GST claw back seemed not to be fixed.) Julia Gillard has been forced to ditch the policy.

The new policy is simply to give the states $16.4 bn as long as they allow an additional couple of layers of Federal beaurocrasy and interference. (strange that she couldn't find this spare change lying around when Queensland needed it) Even now the states appear to be telling her that they will take the money, but she is to keep her fingers out of state health. Poor Julia can't even buy friends.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Sunday, 13 February 2011 5:35:56 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Shadow Minister,

Thanks for our regular update

From the negative
Posted by Shintaro, Sunday, 13 February 2011 11:27:00 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I bet if it was a Liberal government doing the same thing Shadow Minister would be starting a topic with the title:

"The most skillful compromise since the Lib/Nat merger"
Posted by courageous, Monday, 14 February 2011 12:37:03 AM
I've read a few of his posts, they're all 100% bias. Impossible to debate with those types.
Posted by courageous, Monday, 14 February 2011 12:39:05 AM
It is right of Shadow Minister to direct his bolts at perceived oversights and problems in policy and administration. That is exercising his freedom of speech, which is a very good. Too many voters are complacent.

It is quite OK for States and the federal government to disagree and it is fine for government to do a 'double take' - politics is the art of the possible. Policy amendment and reversions happen regardless of the flavour of the political pary in government because it is simply not possible to see and sort all problems from one view.

For myself, I can see distinct advantages in avoiding another overlap of bureaucracy at the federal level.
Posted by Cornflower, Monday, 14 February 2011 1:54:11 AM
Of course he has the right to express an opinion. That's not the point.

He's not "directing his bolts at perceived oversights and problems in policy and administration". He's directing his bolts because the policy is from the Labor party.

As I said, if the same policy came from a Liberal federal government his topic would be:

"The most skillful compromise since the Lib/Nat merger".

Virtually all his posts are 100% bias.
Posted by courageous, Monday, 14 February 2011 2:10:48 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy