The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Freedom of speech at On Line Opinion

Freedom of speech at On Line Opinion

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 19
  7. 20
  8. 21
  9. Page 22
  10. All
I think this is the thread to talk about another.
I am taking part in a thread about multi culturism.
GY could have played safe, not given it a go.
He may yet have to stop it, it could go Ferrel, indeed some will claim I already have there.
Ferrel or not if complaints start it will challenge GY.
Put your self briefly in Grahams shoes, his hand made site has risen to heights he must have dreamed of.
It can/will go higher with the right support.
However it is nearly illegal to say what you think on some subjects.
We could be in the spotlight in just hours charged with no one knows what.
No easy job.
Freedom of speech is never going to be on every subject,and it often is walking a very high tight rope without a net
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 15 February 2011 6:31:36 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
They say you can learn something new every day.

I learned something new yesterday through surfing a link within a blog post of Gregory Storer's to which a link had been posted by OLO userID 'Mikey Bear' in this post to the 'Wanted: new financial backers' comments thread: http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=11583#198395

The link within Greg Storer's blog post made on Monday 14 February was the text link word 'blog' on the first line of paragraph 12 thereof. Clicking it delivered me here: http://www.ambitgambit.com/2010/12/12/human-rights-awards-chris-sidoti-pauline-hanson-and-on-line-opinion/ . As it so happened, I had never viewed this post on Graham's blog, Ambit Gambit, (which can always be reached from a standing link on the OLO main page) before. Clicking the text link 'Comments' at the bottom of the page displayed 14 comments.

Imagine my surprise when, upon reading the comments, I saw the very first one was made under the name of CJMorgan on 19 December 2010, a full week after Graham's blog post had been published. See: http://www.ambitgambit.com/2010/12/12/human-rights-awards-chris-sidoti-pauline-hanson-and-on-line-opinion/#comment-20765 . There were in all four posters to that comment thread: CJMorgan3, Severin2, Gregory (Storer)1, and Graham Young2, the remainder being pingbacks. Comments closed on 22 December.

I had no idea CJMorgan had been a participant in this current contention. (I had seen the quotation, which I now realize had come from a subsequent comment by CJMorgan in that Ambit Gambit thread, posted by AGiR earlier in this thread, of unattributed snippets that did strike me as reminiscent of CJ, here: http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?discussion=4263#107840 , but had thought no further on it, believing him to have been banned from the site.)

Maybe there has been more substance to my perception of his desiring to effectively shut down discussion of certain subjects on OLO than I had previously credited.
Posted by Forrest Gumpp, Wednesday, 16 February 2011 7:20:51 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
JuliaGillardHasFailed,

I told you you'd become addled with all this darting between threads. Don't know if your obvious excitability is a good look for the "right".
Shadow Minister could probably give you a few pointers there.

Anyhoo, you've got the wrong end of the stick....Forrest wasn't referring to Graham Young.
Posted by Poirot, Wednesday, 16 February 2011 8:48:24 PM
A newbie with 20 inflammatory, nonsensical posts up in six hours. Sock puppet or troll, why feed it?
Posted by Cornflower, Wednesday, 16 February 2011 9:43:36 PM
Thanks cornflower you have a way with words, please hold me accountable if I ever refer to the bloke again.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 17 February 2011 5:29:16 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 19
  7. 20
  8. 21
  9. Page 22
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy