The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > You are the Prime Minister

You are the Prime Minister

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. All
I like King Hazza's suggestion of Citizens Initated Referenda.
(Never get this as it takes power from the polys)

Also pelican's 'one in, one out' immigration policy, which is known as 'Zero net' (Never get this either as long as big business donates to the main parties.

Also Pelicans idea to train our own skilled workers rather than poach them from other countries that may need them more than we do.(the current situation is cheaper for big business and governments)

Did Pelican also mention a 'population policy' where we determine what we can sustain and cater for.(Much needed)

I would stop the 'illegals' simply by not giving them permanent residency visas, thus removing their need to come here.

I would also stop importing those cultural groups that cannot/will not abide by our laws or general social standards.

Gone over limit, best stop.
Posted by Banjo, Thursday, 3 February 2011 8:28:44 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You are most welcome Lexi.. after all..now I'm in competition with King Pericles for your affection :)

Yes.. all light hearted indeed.. and glad to have cheered you.
Posted by ALGOREisRICH, Thursday, 3 February 2011 8:36:23 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sheesh, things are moving along on this thread. We now have Pericles
as the potential next PM and Lexi as his potential wife!

Never a dull moment :)

The problem with politics is that the punters are sometimes not
the brightest and politicians have worked that out.

Keating told people the truth and they rejected him. Howard crawled
on all 4s and it worked for him. So the idea it seems to be, is to
talk alot of whah whah, but promise as little as possible, for
whatever you decide, somebody will hold it against you, costing
votes. No point upsetting them, for no good reason.

So come up with policies which work in the short term, putting a
few shillings in the majority of voters back pockets. Never mind
the long term reality, just colour that over with vague whah whah
promises, but nothing specific.

Blame everything on the banks, large supermarket chains and large
corporations. That will cost you few votes and suck in the punters,
who want to get rid of their frustrations and feel better about
themselves.

Ok, you won't be a statesman, but you will be a typical politician
who gives the punters what they seemingly want and deserve.
Posted by Yabby, Thursday, 3 February 2011 10:33:43 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I wanted you to be in control not to have to do deals with any one so it would be you,and the team you are part of that made policy's.
I think a way of letting us all have a say exists,we say no way more than yes,referendums.
I know we like kicking politicians but in truth if all of them, on any side ,are as bad as we say [and they are not] we would be in big trouble.
What can you Mr/Mrs Prime Minister do to see Parliament work better?
Maybe a different system for the Senate
Why not a full election of both houses every election?
Maybe our senate committee system, over looking bills and actions needs to be expanded?
Yep no defense, guilty I dislike the upper houses all of them,yet they save us from the excesses of both party's ,have stopping mine doing dreadful things too.
And yes, it is the fact Representatives of few voters can find power over us all in those houses that gets under my skin.Ideas?
Posted by Belly, Friday, 4 February 2011 6:39:25 AM
Further declarations (due to large posts about immigration/population).

Drop all 'knowledge tests' and other general unnecessary hinderances to immigration- replace with moral and character tests, and use strict marking criteria; Persons who arrive with paperwork will benefit from having much of their character assessed from checking their records instead of as much direct quizzing.
Tests will determine if a person has any fanatical religious tendencies (including support for the burqa),extreme views, criminal records/ regular conduct, morals and capacity to integrate (and also education); if judged (or suspected) incompatible with Australian society (even down to their willingness to obey road rules but most importantly how they would treat people outside their own religious/ethnic group, views on certain issues) they are barred: Otherwise they are let in without any further hassle. This is regardless of refugee or non status.

Allow all residents of an electorate, town or suburb to set their own housing development/highrise allowance: Thus, population growth is forced to happen more where it is actually needed than where it is not welcome by virtue of housing availability, that corresponds to human needs than marketing opportunity.

Remove all baby-bonuses. Try to reduce the cost of living in other areas so children are affordable again.
Strong support of contraceptives and public shaming of those who say it is 'evil'.

Thus, I fixed the immigration AND population debates with solutions that are comparatively light-handed and more fair; allowing population limitation or growth where the PEOPLE want it with no inhibition by me, and only is a hindrance to those who quite frankly aught to be hindered and more importantly, entirely and willingly bring it on themselves.
Posted by King Hazza, Friday, 4 February 2011 8:49:39 AM
"Lexi as his potential wife!"....no way hosay :)

I'm getting the brightest red ferrari, a leather jacket, and am going to cruise the eastern suburbs until Lexi notices me and comes screaming down from her architect designed pad and jumps in beside me. So ner.
Posted by ALGOREisRICH, Friday, 4 February 2011 11:48:23 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. All