The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > You are the Prime Minister

You are the Prime Minister

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 9
  9. 10
  10. 11
  11. All
All good comments.
Standing by my Nuclear power one, it in fact would fix all our needs to cut emissions and more.
Lexi best? ok but if we look at this Parliament and the one we will have by years end I am not sure.
A great deal of dealing is being done, some I doubt is in the country's best interests.
This mornings headlines bring me to question my limit of 3 , I now need 4 in fact deleted this in post one.
It is said 2 million are not in work or not looking for work.
That is 20% of our population, now we know unemployment is not even close to that.
We need to take those who have no need to work, some exist out of that.
Strange figure, based on?? unknown but it is true youth find social security too easy?
We need to review the welfare policys of this country.
Yes still bolted on Labor but every dollars saved could be put back to those who truely need it.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 2 February 2011 5:45:16 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
If I were in Julia Gillard's position with my sense of integrity then I would subcontract the Government to the opposition.
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 2 February 2011 6:54:24 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Jail politicians who were corrupt instead of rewarding them all the time, ending all 'tax havens' in Australia and take actions against rogue nations like Switzerland who openly support crime, cease funding to private education-schools and uni's, tax religions,stop funding private health funds and pour that money into the public system, end all the exemptions for the Plymouth Brethren and bring them into the Australian community, end the NSCP nonsense and claw back the monies spent via a special levy on religions with chaplains in schools, folow up the crimes conducted by the AWB and during the assault on the wharf workers under Howard, jail the public servants who aided Howard to lie during and after the 'children overboard, remove Garret from any political position beyond 'drinks boy'- being sports minister would be all he should handle, something of no value at all, and force Rudd into a monastery where he would be much happier than in the public view, oh yes, repatriate Gillard to Barry Island to run a carnival show 'see the world's only atheist-Baptist' or some similar freak show, and 'retire' Howard and his cabinet mates on Christmas Island, or should that be Easter Island- I do get so mixed up with these Christian islands.
Posted by The Blue Cross, Wednesday, 2 February 2011 7:49:02 AM
A. EDUCATION - Keep private education for those who care enough about their kids to pay $20k a year for a decent education. Let the states maintain a free child minding service for poor people who don't care about their kids, so they can still go off and do the cheap labour jobs we need. Wash my hands as much as possible from university education because it's too costly, and run by closet communists. Smart rich kids should be the only ones at UNI anyway. It should be run by the private sector, who can pimp the UNIS to Hong Kong, and keep scholarships for the few exceptional poor kids. Tafe is a waste of money, just encourage apprenticeships to exploit the cheap labour they provide.

B. ECONOMY - Open up the market totally and stop picking winners. The market is king. We are the world's mine and shouldn't aspire to anything else. The uneducated can stay in the service industry or in the mines and the educated can shuffle the money.

C. RETIREMENT - Get rid of the pension. Families are the best form of social security. Create better tax perks for the rich using superannuation.

D. PRIVATISE - those essential services such as power, water and telecommunications. Providing services for the public is costly. They should be on a user pays basis, as people don't notice that as their tax comes down, their living costs go up. Added benefit is nobody comes whinging to me if their phone doesn't work or their bill is always wrong. Good little earner for the government as natural monopolies are always in high demand from investors. Put in a faux regulator to keep the public happy, and create good post politics career options.
Posted by Houellebecq, Wednesday, 2 February 2011 7:57:35 AM
E. HEALTH - Restrict numbers of doctors as they're expensive to train, and we need to keep wages for them high. Import doctors at cheaper rates from developing countries to keep training/education costs down. Don't worry about regional areas, as who really wants to live there if you have enough money to enjoy a house in Rose Bay. Those country folk normally seem to pull together ok and work something out. They could always move too.

F. ENVIRONMENT - Talk lots and lots about the environment.

FUNDING IT - hand out all sorts of bandaid inspired rebates like the baby bonus, maternity leave, first home owners grant and other rebates. When an issue arrises on ACA, the public likes to feel you are doing something about it, and hey, every likes to be given free money. Fiddle with these around election time to target key demographics in swinging seats.
Posted by Houellebecq, Wednesday, 2 February 2011 7:59:13 AM
LEXI - 10 out of 10

HOUELLEBECQ (what ever that is) 0 out of 10
Posted by JMCC, Wednesday, 2 February 2011 8:16:35 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 9
  9. 10
  10. 11
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy