The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Julia Gillard 'after top job a year before coup': WikiLeaks

Julia Gillard 'after top job a year before coup': WikiLeaks

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
Clearly Shadow Minister is trolling, and I am shocked to see that Graham has allowed him such a free hand to do this, when he is so strict on 'trolling' when people from 'the other side' raise issues of real concern that do not fit perfectly into the OLO world view.

This thread should be removed, and such partisan views not given oxygen, eh Graham?
Posted by The Blue Cross, Monday, 20 December 2010 3:54:34 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
TBC,

Trolling is printing something defamatory or something inflammatory without any evidence.

I provided the link to the newspaper article and commented on its implications. If you disagree with either the newspaper article or my interpretations of its implications, please feel free to do so. As yet no one has.

"A WikiLeaks cable names Senator Farrell as telling US embassy staff in June last year Ms Gillard was trying to knock off Mr Rudd." - Leaves little room for doubt.

I have also seen articles casting aspersions on Abbott with only the flimsiest material.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 20 December 2010 6:11:57 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Shadow Minister

Yes, I like your definition.

"Trolling is printing something defamatory or something inflammatory without any evidence."

But it seems there are new standards at OLO, and even when respected web pages publish stories that form the basis of a potential OLO thread, with a link supplied, authors can still be deemed to be 'trolling' by the editorial team here.

When the rules are not applied consistently, it's hard to know what is OK and what is not, isn't it?
Posted by The Blue Cross, Monday, 20 December 2010 6:19:25 PM
Come on Shadow Minister, even you would have been unable to keep
a straight face and not laugh, when you wrote that one.

Yes, politics is a dirty game, but there are no two dirtier shin
kickers around then Hockey and especially Abbott.

The Liberal party blew its chance, when it did not run with
Costello. Time for you to go out and find some real talent within
the liberal backbenches, for right now Abbott would not make a
better leader then Gillard.
Posted by Yabby, Tuesday, 21 December 2010 3:38:00 PM
Yabby,

Again, irrelevant. TA when he deposed Turnbull did not stand up to the public and blink innocently and claim it was thrust upon him.

Rudd was a dud and had to go. This was motivation enough, the public would had misgivings, but would have accepted it. According to the article Julia lied directly and with no conscience to the public.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Wednesday, 22 December 2010 9:17:59 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy