The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Halal meat

Halal meat

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 22
  11. 23
  12. 24
  13. All
Pericles.. you do go on don't u ..*ouch*....

Do you not see a difference between parental discipline of immature children and the dealings with ones mature wife ?

If you don't then I presume its that surreal reasoning which brought you to say that the keeping of domestic pets is 'slavery' which is again in 'drive' in your head......

The Bible is quite clear that discipline, including 'the rod'(clearly in a limited way) is a valid parental disciplinary tool in regard to immature children whos very lives may depend on the parents sorting out an unsafe life threatening attitude.

In contrast, a man is called to "love his wife as his own body and as Christ loved the church and gave Himself up for her"

The Bible in no way shape or form suggests a man can 'beat' his mature wife. I have nothing furhter to say or add on that matter, and if you do, then please take it back to the particular thread and don't use it as an excuse to hijack this one into a 'Boaz Bashing' one.

There would be irony, if I was regularly beating my own wife, and then criticizing Islam for allowing it. Keep apples with apples.

I'll assume you were being sarcastic in the extreme when you described the sheikh.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Wednesday, 14 February 2007 7:03:56 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
BOAZ_David. When something impacts on how you feel then it impacts on how it goes down.

I do feel that it is wrong to eat meat processed the Muslim way, it just doesn't feel right to me. Muslims wont eat meat the other way and everybody understands and respects that, but some people dont understand or respect that some people might also find it a problem to eat Halal meat. It makes me not want to eat meat. Does it taste different? Yes, because I no longer want to eat it as it feels wrong.

I have a strong survival instinct and that little voice inside is telling me that this is wrong. We shouldn't have to eat products, through no choice, that have been processed as a significant religious way and that have such relevance to a different religion.

If Muslims want their meat processed a certain way then they should pay for it, but leave the mainstream stuff alone.
Posted by Jolanda, Wednesday, 14 February 2007 7:11:31 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You may be interested to know that the mammals and birds that may be eaten must be slaughtered in accordance with Jewish law. (Deuteronomy. 12:21).

So what about Kosher foods? Any objection to those?

Leviticus 7:26-27 and 17:10-14. says that we do not eat blood because the life of the animal (literally, the soul of the animal) is contained in the blood. This applies only to the blood of birds and mammals, not to fish blood. Thus, it is necessary to remove all blood from the flesh of kosher animals. Did Jesus revoke these laws or are they still current?

Does this therefore imply that all people who eat non-Halal and non-kosher foods are disobeying God's dietary laws?

I think some of you are just continuing to look for reasons to dislike Muslims, no matter how feeble or nonsensical they are.

Why not just attack the marketers who provide these options and ask them to stop?
Posted by rache, Wednesday, 14 February 2007 8:11:51 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Jolanda.. Rache has a point on the Kocher meat. But since the New Testament, I don't think that has been so rigidly followed to the finest letter of the religious law. When the first council of the Apostles said "refrain from blood" they connected it with animals which had been strangled, which ensured the blood was still in the animal and was associated with idolatry. Kocher is probably the other extreme, of ensuring "all" blood is removed. The biblical principle in both cases was 'not taking blood' in a way which was related to idolatry. So, the small amount of blood left after a typical abbotoir slaughter is insignificant.

That said. If you have strong feelings about the matter, I urge you to persue it via the chanels open to you. If you can find others who share your feelings, then invite them also to participate in your struggle. Heck.. I'f I'm in Sydney at the time I'll have my sign outside the butcher shop :)

But indeed..make enquiries, raise awareness.. the more important issue framework for me is 'creeping Sharia by stealth'. So, in that sense I'll support your stand.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Wednesday, 14 February 2007 12:29:57 PM
Personally, I'm much more concerned with the health risks of eating "Krispy cream doughnuts", with their embodiment of the American religion of fast food and obesity, than with the consumption of halal or kosher foods.

What an idiotic thread. Jolanda has claimed elsewhere to have a high IQ, but that's not very evident in what she's written here...
Posted by CJ Morgan, Wednesday, 14 February 2007 1:47:42 PM
With the greatest respect, Boaz...

>>I have nothing furhter to say or add on that matter, and if you do, then please take it back to the particular thread and don't use it as an excuse to hijack this one into a 'Boaz Bashing' one<<

The discussion is on halal meat. You introduce corporal punishment. How does that make me the hijacker?

And no, I was not being sarcastic.

Did you actually watch the video? Or just see the title and think "hey, that's a good illustration of Muslim barbarism, I'll rouse the rabble with that"

You are a slippery little customer, you know. And you don't even have the grace to blush when found out.
Posted by Pericles, Wednesday, 14 February 2007 2:22:54 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 22
  11. 23
  12. 24