The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Halal meat

Halal meat

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 19
  7. 20
  8. 21
  9. Page 22
  10. 23
  11. 24
  12. All
It will do nothing about my credibility Tootsie. I dont have to prove anything to you. I will not name names because I know that, one way or another, it will impact on me because you and others might start using the butcher that I go to. That I can do without!

Maybe not all butchers are Halal at the moment but as Muslims start moving into different areas they push for thier ways to follow. It has happened everywhere. Just because we are not at critical point yet in the shire, unlike other places, that doesn't mean that it isn't in the process of happening. It would definately be in the best interest of Muslims to pretend that there is nothing to worry about until Halal is spread throughout all butchers and shops and called anybody who expresses concern a racist.

People against live exports. You are absolutely correct. There needs to be one Halal Accreditation agency as when there is more than one it is impossible to keep a handle on things.
Posted by Jolanda, Sunday, 4 March 2007 6:13:58 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Oh and Tootsie, one more thing, it isn't just the butchers that will be pressured, or not given a choice, but to provide Halal, there is also our fast food outlets.

That has already been happening. So dont forget that!
Posted by Jolanda, Sunday, 4 March 2007 6:18:45 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Jolanda, you write absoloute rubbish.

You have fabricated this butcher, just like you fabricate most things to suit your agenda.

absolute garbage.

Its like banging you head against a brick wall.

you are worried now that some people will go to your butcher. is that all you could think of. why dont you be honest. or that is too difficult for you.
Posted by Tootsie @ home, Sunday, 4 March 2007 6:32:03 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Jolanda

May have a different way of spitting it out but there are some real concerns about Halal.
Before you all call me a racist I have a MOU with AFIC regarding Halal meat.
Please just listen to what I am about to let you in on.

The Government rush to AFIC if there is a problem- like Crunulla

Good at least they know who's ok and recognise them as Muslim Leaders of Australia[ Thank God, make that both if you like]

BUT. Do they support AFIC in return? No

So we have all these other Muslim Islamic Councils rushing around saying- Oh but we dont recognise AFIC as leaders AND fighting! for power.
Its time the Government stopped it. Islamic council. There are thirty two in Australia. A dozen I worry about.

Is that dangerous to Australians?
- You bet it is.
AQIS get on the phone and except certifactions and Halal Accreditations from all over ME and you name it.

SO how do we know for example WHO we are funding and supporting?

The same as when we sent animals alive?

Hello Is anybody starting to catch on yet.

Apart from the fact its barbaric and stupid to send OUR jobs overseas its darn right dangerous.

Long have we been aware of the OTHER things going back and forth.

Yep we sure are all going to pay big time for this stupidity one day.

When will the Australian Fed.Government STATE GOV as well support a National accreditation for Halal Slaughter in Australia. STOP undermining AFIC leaders so they can keep Australia safe and beautiful?
What about the AWB they still send Animals Alive to ME, right now today.!
Oh Yes they kept that one quite even though you the public just paid for the biggest enquiry ever held in this country. They told you it was just about wheat didnt they> Well its not. Its live exports and its happening right now.

Halal needs to be watched REAL close and Ausies should see live animal exports for what it is.
CRUEL STUPID and DANGEROUS
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Sunday, 4 March 2007 6:54:39 PM
Rex [says]

As for a believer asking for God's or Allah's blessing on his/her day's work, well what's wrong with that, and how can it possibly have an adverse effect on a downline buyer or user of the product of such a person's day's work?

Rex I thought you said you worked with AWB as a wheat manager. Where you not aware AWB purchased the live exports in 2003 from Wesfarmers as they tried to keep their involevment in the barbaric trade quite.

As I know you to be as I term it- one of the 'few good men' who do care about the plight of these poor creatures -.

I was just curious about your comment to Jolanda.

Anyway how did it go with Yabby finding a path to presenting a proposal to the WA Government?

Considering PALE offered funds Muslim leaders to assist its strange you did not reply at all.

Never mind you were probably talking with Yabby .

By the way Yabby is not a live exporter or meat producer and has no idea about what really goes or- Or Why for that matter.

Still your a clever person so I am sure you will finally work that out.

There are many people involved world wide in Halal Meat.

As you can imagine its a tempting way also of raising funds for other things.

You can write off heaps of black money as well in the meat indusrty.

Still why should we worry after all a few words mumbled over a Muslims knife as you say.

Rex
What do you think Of Andrew Bartlett?/ I seem to recall you were with the greens.
Is that correct?

I find many of your comments interesting Rex so please dont think because I may not totally agree re organs or even comments to Jolanda I am not listening to you.
Very interested in your political thoughts to the contary.
Regards
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Sunday, 4 March 2007 7:29:43 PM
Jolanda, when I asked what you see as a positive outcome of all this, I meant "what actions can be taken to resolve your problem?"

You said:

>>I understand that Muslims don’t want to eat non Halal products. BUT, they have to understand that non-muslims also do not want to have to eat Halal products. Therefore if they want to have Halal products available in shops they should have to pay for it and it should be available on request. They shouldn’t be allowed to make all products Halal and then tell us that if we don’t like it to choose not to purchase it.<<

... and I understand your position perfectly.

But what I cannot see is what anybody - you, me, the government, the church - can actually do about it while staying within the normal bounds of a capitalist, democratic society.

There is obviously a market for Halal, consisting of buyers and sellers. Which of these categories would you legislate against, and with what end?

Would you forbid the sale of Halal meat? From your perfectly reasonable statement above, you obviously don't advocate this.

So what exactly is the remedy that would make you happy?

As far as I can tell, your only request is that they "shouldn’t be allowed to make all products Halal and then tell us that if we don’t like it to choose not to purchase it"

Who is "they" in this sentence? And how exactly would you phrase the law that forbids them either to i) "make all products Halal" or ii) "tell us that if we don’t like it to choose not to purchase it"

Sorry to be so logical about this, it is obviously an emotional issue for you.

But if there actually isn't a way to solve the problem without turning our country upside down, there's little point in losing sleep over it.
Posted by Pericles, Monday, 5 March 2007 1:18:46 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 19
  7. 20
  8. 21
  9. Page 22
  10. 23
  11. 24
  12. All