The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Sack the useless bugger.

Sack the useless bugger.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. 12
  11. All
Blue:

The gift of words is the gift of imagination. Some words run softly almost soundlessly on tiptoe. Others clump around like an under-nine football team in a cement floor dressing shed. Some soothe like cold cream on sunburn. While others ser blood pounding and your heart singing. There are words so rounded at the edges and softened by wear that they are no longer words at all, but the spunds that people make for happiness or despair, joy or anger. There are words that are randy, but not dirty. And sacred words that have become soiled with improper use. Some words stick like burrs and punish at a touch. And
there are others that nurse the ego and heal the heart. Some words remain forever unspoken, clamped in a throat that aches to let them out. And sometimes they are the most meaningful of all. But words without a story are like a fart without a smell, nice to have passed silently in a crowded lift, but causing no reaction whatsoever, except as a relief to the farter that he got clean away.

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU AS WELL OLD TIMER!
Posted by Lexi, Saturday, 25 December 2010 10:49:19 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Deep-Blue, evidently on his Christmas vigil, tankard in hand, at 2:09:41 AM on Saturday, 25 December 2010 posts:

"The 123 of human kind is now a
mixed Bach of all you can eat...
..so chew quietly so not to up-set
my dinner."

One wonders whether that would be Johan Sebastian, or Carl Philip Emmanuel? Perhaps Deep-Blue needs to 'Wachet Auf', or is it that he is in need of a good Toccata and Fugue? Perhaps, more to the point, an Air on a G-string, given Lexi's uplifting and penetrating observation in the last sentence of her post of Saturday, 25 December 2010 10:49:19 AM?

Enough! Too much sarcophagy of dead musicians going on.

I must compose myself.

Thank you for your Christmas gift, Lexi. Some are obviously having a very merry Christmas.
Posted by Forrest Gumpp, Saturday, 25 December 2010 11:42:23 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Words can be stressful, like a fox in the hen-house

Or exquisite, like a flame-haired beauty on the beach.

Words can get you out of trouble or land you right in it

Or the right words can just remain out of reach.

Sometimes the best words are not words at all:

Frrrrhrhrhrt!!

Ahhhhh....that's better!
Posted by Ludwig, Saturday, 25 December 2010 12:25:40 PM
I am not going to be popular here.
But do you know I would rather be me?
Is it ever, yes ever, ok to describe anyone in terms that could be seen as racist.
I think not.
Is it ok for me, or you Ludwig, to refer in future to little black men, would you do it?
I am no less or more racist than the average human, I judge, HARSHLY racist comment.
And it comes from minority's too.
Is it ever less wrong depending on who said it.
Would even hasbeen repeat that comment now?
I do think hasbeen is not happy with those words now, and would change them if he could.
Do not judge me harshly for being honest I too focused on the price factors and service.
But Ludwig, you I know, do not want such terms to be in common use here in OLO do you?
Standards have reasons for being in place.
If I or anyone has done wrong in saying lets not go there so be it I stand firmly on my opinion.
No rain to speak of good Christmas motor bike Santa bought the teenager over the paddock is half worn out already but it is good hope for every one Hasbeen will I am sure be over fed and pleasantly jolly by now hope so I am.
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 25 December 2010 5:21:52 PM
Forrest.....you have a keen eye:)

"The 147 of human kind is now a mixed Bach of all you can eat.....so chew quietly so not to up-set my dinner."

An appropriate listening with a fine red or a rustic beer. Enjoy.

http://tinyurl.com/289ppzw

This is one of the best-known and most theatrical of Bach's sacred cantatas. It was written in 1731 as part of Bach's series of five cantatas for every Sunday and special feast day in the Lutheran calendar. This particular cantata was written for a rarely occurring date, the 27th Sunday after Trinity. This day occurs only in years when Easter comes unusually early. Since this was a rare event (it happened only twice during Bach's 26 years in Leipzig), Bach used an unusually large ensemble and wrote the cantata on a large scale.

The chorale used in the cantata (and the work's title) comes from a 1599 hymn tune by Philippe Nicolai. Literally, the title translates as "Wake up, the voices are calling us." To fit the three syllables of the German, the more commonly found translation "Sleepers Wake" is used, and it is by this name that it is best known in English.

The text is a treatment of Jesus' parable of the Wise and Foolish Virgins (or, as some translations have it, Wise and Foolish Bridesmaids). What is foolish about these young women of Jesus' story is that because they did not bring sufficient oil for their lamps, they had to go out to purchase more, and in so doing, were locked out of the wedding and the wedding feast. In fact, they didn't even make it into Bach's cantata, for it only mentions the wise bridesmaids, who did not miss the Bridegroom's arrival and, hence, witnessed the wedding and partook of the feast. The Bridegroom is allegorical for Jesus; his bride is the Christian soul. And these two allegorical figures have an ardent, even operatic, love duet assigned to soprano and bass.

Very good Forrest....very good indeed:)

Fitting I thought....seeing its Xmas.

BLUE
Posted by Deep-Blue, Saturday, 25 December 2010 10:50:54 PM
Good morning......'and all spent a peaceful and safe evening with whatever in how one's precedes with this collective thought rewarding time of year? Good:) http://tinyurl.com/26kvwsx I would be interested in knowing on how many actually when to church this year......?

Music of this kind can revitalize the inner systems to the point of rest not able to be obtained by any other means.

Have a great day/week.

BLU
Posted by Deep-Blue, Sunday, 26 December 2010 9:27:41 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. 12
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy