The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Julian Assange, a true Aussie hero

Julian Assange, a true Aussie hero

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 27
  10. 28
  11. 29
  12. All
btw csteele you trying to equate the character of this turkey with that of Christ really demonstrates how little you know of either.
Posted by runner, Monday, 6 December 2010 9:42:09 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
runner,

Although you seem at pains to have us all believe that you're an authority on what it is to be Christian, your typical demeanour when responding on OLO is often mean-spirited, and decidedly un-Christian in bearing.
csteele is right on the money in pointing out the similarity of circumstance between Christ and Assange.
Posted by Poirot, Monday, 6 December 2010 10:14:44 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
A flawed response runner if you try to make a comparsion between Assange and Hicks.

They are two entirely different people and two entirely different sets of circumstances. Just because someone is labelled a 'terrorist' does not mean that they actually are a terrorist especially when the accusations come from dubious sources.

I would have thought your sense of purpose to expose deception would be stronger given your general comments on OLO and about climate change and morality.
Posted by pelican, Monday, 6 December 2010 11:15:56 PM
I would hesitate to call Mr.Assange a hero just yet.
He has 'leaked' some supposedly top secret documents that may well put some people's lives in danger.

If he is able to achieve this feat, then I hope he won't put his 'talents' to trying something sinister.

I will hold my judgement about him until we see the full effect of his actions in the world, and to be sure there is no truth in the sex allegations leveled at him in Sweden.
There hasn't even been a trial...yet.
Posted by suzeonline, Tuesday, 7 December 2010 12:22:07 AM
Assange did not leak any documents.

The documents were leaked by others and all he did was put them into the public arena on their behalf.

He's been doing this for quite a while already and, despite what some imply, has released documents from other countries as well.

People seem more inclined to "shoot the messenger" and are ignoring the content of what has surfaced.

The media are already assassinating his character with false and contrived accusations of displays of petulance and a short temper.
In truth, he's doing what they wish they could have done. The days of the "D-Notice" have long gone and the major media owners are just the PR department of their respective governments.

I for one would like to know the truth about what's happening in the world before - for example - I send my sons off to die in a hopeless war based on lies.
Posted by wobbles, Tuesday, 7 December 2010 1:23:50 AM
Shakespeare wrote: "...to speak what we feel, not what we ought to..."

Julian Assange will be pilloried by the smiling, Armani clad goons - no doubt of it, & the vested interests don't like having their dirty laundry aired, wanting him silenced or shut down.

What remains to be seen is whether or not those persons with integrity, knowing the truth, will step forward and validate what the leaked cables & mails have elucidated.

Oh no, I have a mortgage, my BMW payments, that time share on Curtis Island... can't say that ... might prejudice things.
But years later your conscience will eat you away for not coming forwards when it could have counted.

All the best Julian...pity the world did not have more people with the testicular fortitude, & spine you have. Maybe this will galvanise like minded individuals to follow suit.
Posted by Albie Manton in Darwin, Tuesday, 7 December 2010 6:36:12 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 27
  10. 28
  11. 29
  12. All