The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Some of us 'Just don't get it.'

Some of us 'Just don't get it.'

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. Page 14
  10. All
Dear George,

No words can convey God, nor can the mind ever understand Him.

Nothing you could ever say can describe God, no attributes limit Him, so even best-intentioned expressions like "God is great" would fall off the mark because God is not limited by greatness (or smallness), or if you claimed "God created", that would presume that God is subject to Time, which is utter nonsense of course, or even claiming that "God exist" would have restricted God to the state of existence.

But we do use such statments as expressions of our love, devotion and gratitude to Him, like a child picking a flower from Grandfather's garden and showing it to him - "look Grampa, I found a flower". So such statements have their place, they Glorify God, but should not be considered as attempts to describe the reality of Him.

We can however, say that "God is not X", any X. God is not even subject to the laws of logic that apply to objects, for God is not an object. For example, "God is not non-existent" is also true (although it doesn't follow that God exists!).

Once you accept that nothing limits God, you must conclude that there is nothing besides Him, nothing other than Him, which implies... that we too are God!

One warning before proceeding: we mustn't conclude that we can jump off the Eiffel tower and fly away: God will not fall, but the humans which we believe we are, will!

We fail to recognize our divinity because we think of ourselves as humans. We identify with the human condition, it is AS IF God is experiencing the human (and animal) condition through our bodies and minds (but of course, it is nonsense to claim that God experiences: God is not subject to Time).

What stands between us and the realization of our true identity as God, is our mind. To be more in tune with God, drop that mind, silence it. To the extent your mind is silent, you can serve as God's channel.

Who is this God? It is you, George.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Sunday, 28 November 2010 7:00:39 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
We are not god YuYu and I suggest you stand up to any god if they ever try to tell you so or give you orders. I certainly never put up with any bossy gods and never will.

Creators should, in my opinion, stick to creating and leave the administration to others more suited to the task.

And our creator left recently, wanted to go experiment with a new medium and mould some kind of self portrait over at the edge of some Oort Cloud coming from Upsilon Andromedae, said something about it all getting to difficult here and good quality clay being hard to find now along with the interference from other gods and the constant bickering and memos becoming impossible to tolerate.

Before leaving I asked what about your people. Poodles I was told, it was about poodles. After trying for a few thousand years it was decided to create something that could create them instead and then sit back and see how it all went since the last complete balls up had resulted in sheep.

So there we have it, one god inept at curls and there you are today thinking you’re a channel.
Posted by Lilith, Wednesday, 1 December 2010 1:03:14 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Lilith, I think you totally misunderstood what I wrote to George, so please read it again carefully.

Our bodies are created of course - by our father and our mother, and yes, they give us orders sometimes. Ourselves, however, we are not created. Perhaps there are, somewhere, some demi-gods that create: I don't know about them, I don't care about them and I certainly do not worship them. I wrote about God alone, the only One whom there is nothing but.

Also, God does not give orders. If anyone is bossy and gives orders, then they do so in their capacity as humans, not in their capacity as God.

I think you picked up from other people some pre-conceived ideas about God, please put them aside and read just what I wrote.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Wednesday, 1 December 2010 1:24:16 PM
I thought I had your back there Yuyu.

Albeit a little late in the thread.

I have upset the oysters, they thought it was all about them, something to do with the original quote and how it changed over time.

Goes to show we should never discuss the words of gods.
Posted by Lilith, Wednesday, 1 December 2010 4:24:42 PM
Lilith,

George Jetson asked me some questions and I answered him.
This has nothing to do with the original thread, which is probably long dead and forgotten or any quotes that ran at the time. Otherwise I have no idea what you were writing about, so have a nice day!
Posted by Yuyutsu, Wednesday, 1 December 2010 5:45:01 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. Page 14
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy