The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Australia: one quarter not born here.

Australia: one quarter not born here.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. All
As you know, Boaz, I'm no lawyer. But even to my untrained mind you are treading a rather fine line here.

>>Grassby made all manner of pernicous manouvers (it is alleged) to destroy the McKay name and elevate the 'purity' of his Italian farmer mates, (perhaps they contributed from the proceeds of crime to his election campaigns?) by allegedly asking another MP to read out a paper in parliament suggesting Mckay connections caused his dissappearance. He was charged with Criminal defamation and the case must have been substantial because it took TWELVE YEARS of legal battle to finally be 'declared' not proven, but by this time Whitless probably had enough of 'his' Court appointees in place to ensure such a verdict.<<

You hide first of all behind an "alleged" - then proceed to libel "his Italian farmer mates" without such protection. You then cast a slur on him, as well as the entire judicial system, by asserting that the elapsed time confirmed that the case against Grassby "must have been substantial".

Oh dear.

And I hate to tell you this, but Gough Whitlam is still very much alive, so your accusation that he stacked the court in order to quash the accusation is more than a little dangerous, I suspect.

Tut tut.

I hope you have deep pockets. I suspect your lawyer is rubbing his hand with glee, even as I write this...

But at least you are able to let of some steam after that MindBodySpirit thing. It must have been quite an ordeal for you.
Posted by Pericles, Monday, 22 November 2010 2:35:34 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yabby, I had an uncle who bitched about paying 9,000 pounds tax, when my gross was 1,250. He reckoned I was mad when I told him I wished I had payed that much. I would have liked the 7,000 net of course.

I think it is one of our problems now, that out bank general managers, & similar people are not paying similar percentages today.

I do believe that successful senior executives should be well paid, & I believe my uncle was.
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 22 November 2010 6:14:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ALGOREisRICH:>> Grassby made all manner of pernicous manouvers (it is alleged) to destroy the McKay name and elevate the 'purity' of his Italian farmer mates, (perhaps they contributed from the proceeds of crime to his election campaigns?) by allegedly asking another MP to read out a paper in parliament suggesting Mckay connections caused his dissappearance.<<

Al the mafia was in Leeton and Griffith long before Labor took power and they were "dealing" with the Liberal politicians at federal and state level for the previous 25 odd years. Grassby or no Grassby, Labor or Liberal we would never have got the people who ordered Mackays murder anywhere near a trial.

Consider the corruption in the NSW police force at the time, they could not protect their own whistle blowers, the cops would get the crims to shoot them or intimidate their families. Going to the Commissioner was useless as he was corrupt as were most of the top echelon police officers. The NSW police royal commission saw all the rats leave the ship; they had no senior officers left.

Al it seems that in 86 the top gun found Grassby as sleazy and controlled as he was.

>>In the report of the Nagle special commission of inquiry in 1986, John Nagle, QC, found that Grassby had engaged in a smear campaign to protect the real murderers of Donald Mackay. He wrote that "no decent man" could have propagated "the scurrilous lies" that Grassby distributed about the Mackay family. He described Grassby's performance as a witness as "long-winded, dissembling, and unconvincing, constantly driven to uneasy claims of defective memory".<<

You’re probably on the money with the stacked court of appeal.
Posted by sonofgloin, Monday, 22 November 2010 6:36:24 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy