The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Legalise it! Medical, social, and legal reasons for decriminalisation.

Legalise it! Medical, social, and legal reasons for decriminalisation.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. 13
  11. 14
  12. All
vivy, what the hell makes you think you would ever be forced to endure smoke if you didnt want to?
Posted by spendocrat, Monday, 19 February 2007 12:21:35 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I think it is a good sign that people raise issues like 'passive smoking' when we have already addressed that issue (by either ingestible forms or partaking in the privacy of your own home). It shows that people are 'grasping at straws' to look for reasons to keep it illegal.

It is precisely because the claimed rationales are so weak that I suspect there are other 'undisclosed' reasons for the massive authoritarian objection to this powerfully medicinal and hilariously recreational herb.
Posted by Rob513264, Monday, 19 February 2007 2:47:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hemp farming is legal in Canada, and has just been legalised in the US:

http://ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1171324708

Pot is no longer considered cool by young people, thanks mainly to education and advertising focussing on it's social rather than health effects:

http://ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1166067704
Posted by freediver, Tuesday, 20 February 2007 10:18:27 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
So there is a decline in the use of cannabis which is the most frequent used drug in Australia.

Don't forget that, at the same time, there is an increase in the use of Ice.

If there is a shift from plant-based drugs to chemical-based drugs, how can that be a good thing?
Posted by Celivia, Tuesday, 20 February 2007 10:58:21 AM
Rob513264, 12/2/07,

Yes thats right, and my point from a different perspective. Legalise one, you may as well do the lot. Or alternatively leave it as it is. I prefer the latter.

I did use the word "decriminilise" in my post when I should have said legalise. I'm undecided on the crime bit. I don't think users are criminal unless they endanger others or steal to support their habit. The problem is if there are no consequences at all decrim is as good as legalisation. I feel legalisation would legitimise drug dealing.
Posted by rojo, Friday, 23 February 2007 11:08:53 AM
I find comparisons with food allergies surprising.

You discover you have a food allergy and you avoid the food. Discover that marijuana has triggered off a psychotic condition and you have the rest of your life to live with a dishability.

I have encountered 3 pot psychosis situations (one definitely a first timer) so I wonder just how rare it is. It is all very nice to want to indulge yourself with your chosen means of intoxication but if you succeed you with legalisation it will do horrible things to other people's lives.

Having said that I've never known any regular user who gives a toss about anything so I doubt if these comments will sway anyone.
Posted by mjpb, Monday, 26 February 2007 11:26:10 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. 13
  11. 14
  12. All