The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Australian saint.....The Scottish Lady that made the best difference.

The Australian saint.....The Scottish Lady that made the best difference.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
I am surprised that not one Australian has heard of Mary MacKillop or understood the great Scottish Heart that this women came from, and not only that, what a great proud moment for all that makes us human to have this person here in this time of the great persons that make us.. the WE.

English Trash! And her love was for the indigenous people.

A saint! You bet.

Lets see how far you have come?
Posted by think than move, Sunday, 17 October 2010 10:46:59 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Come, come... "I am surprised that not one Australian has heard of Mary MacKillop", I reckon that even dead Australians have a pretty good idea who this bird was by now.

What are you talking about?
Posted by The Blue Cross, Monday, 18 October 2010 1:48:28 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The Blue Cross.

Iam just surprised that being the first saint in Australia,s history and the work she did, I would of thought at least the religious community of OLO or the indigenous people most of all, since the bird as you put it, helped them to no end mind you, but not even a thanks.

Well Well Well. Looks like the ungrateful and the not so godly faith people can not see this as a win for their sides, I guess not.

Sorry Mary! No one gives a rats about you. Oh well, I thought of you, even thou the main people of Australia she helped, don't care either.

Well if that's the case, maybe being thoughtful is not as cracked up as it used to be.

Typical.

TTM
Posted by think than move, Monday, 18 October 2010 4:18:23 PM
You'll probably find that the 'religious' people on OLO are not Catholic. Also I don't think even one aboriginal person, to my knowledge, participates on this forum.
Posted by Rudy, Monday, 18 October 2010 4:26:41 PM
Hi Rudy.

You'll probably find that the 'religious' people on OLO are not Catholic. Also I don't think even one aboriginal person, to my knowledge, participates on this forum.
Posted by Rudy, Monday, 18 October 2010 4:26:41 PM

You have got to be kidding right? Not one Catholic? or aboriginal person here?

I think you'll find that there's a few floating about.

But here,s a little link some might find interesting, but Iam not holding my breath. Smile.

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&source=news&cd=8&ved=0CGQQqQIwBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.smh.com.au%2Fnational%2Fancient-treasures-emerge-from-vatican-vault-20101016-16oag.html%3Fautostart%3D1&rct=j&q=mary%20mackillop&ei=fO-7TOS_D4yiuQPQwsi6DQ&usg=AFQjCNHU4VP_OvpYJmbrRLUfmpP0Z0znEQ&cad=rja

TTM.
Posted by think than move, Monday, 18 October 2010 5:03:27 PM
Today the Catholic Church makes Mary MacKillop a saint, not so long ago they would have burned her at the stake as a heretic. How times have changed. Looking at the list of saints I don't know if its such a great list to be on anyway.
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 18 October 2010 6:46:59 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy