The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Einstein & the Quraan-a valid interpretation?

Einstein & the Quraan-a valid interpretation?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 10
  9. 11
  10. 12
  11. All
Pericles,
No apologies are warranted.

People like steve prefer to foster hate (evident in the last posts), the sort of hate that lead to the death of my sister. For example, Steve, the "scientist", has among other things stated that Muslims (including myself) are child abusers. So no apology is warranted. Steve needs to learn some manners and if he has got anything to say to be prepared to support it with evidence.

Also, it is quite normal for Muslims to refer to each other as brother and sister. When addressing a Muslim woman it would be unusual for me NOT to address a Muslim woman as sister. My use of the term in the last post stressed the bond between Muslims which arises from common belief and practice, so no apologies are warranted on this score either.

Steve, I presume from your reaction that Qasem has given an accurate description of the Einstein's theory.
Posted by grateful, Thursday, 7 October 2010 11:20:43 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You are only kidding yourself, grateful.

>>Pericles, No apologies are warranted.<<

But if that is the way you feel, it is only you that has to live with yourself.

>>People like steve prefer to foster hate (evident in the last posts), the sort of hate that lead to the death of my sister<<

I'd be very, very careful, if I were you, as to whom you accuse of fostering hate. Particularly if you then proceed to link it with the death of your imaginary sister. It's all pretty low, really.

>>Also, it is quite normal for Muslims to refer to each other as brother and sister.<<

It is customary in Australia to refer to one's siblings as brother and sister. You caused considerable offence and hurt with your idiosyncratic usage, so "normal for Muslims" does not cut it, I'm afraid.

>>Steve needs to learn some manners and if he has got anything to say to be prepared to support it with evidence<<

It would be fruitless to point out to you the utter stupidity of this statement, given the sort of "evidence" you seem to think is relevant to a discussion in this forum.

Your history here is already littered with specious "social topics" such as drunkenness and gambling, or atheism and the economy, each designed to provide you with a platform for your proselytising.

Just be aware, grateful, that until you accept that a heartfelt and genuine apology is owed by you to stevenlmeyer, I will continue to remind you that one is due, and explain to the (probably very bored) other posters why it is necessary that you do so.
Posted by Pericles, Thursday, 7 October 2010 12:17:54 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Pericles,

Let me be explicit. Using the term 'sister' personalises it and people should feel hurt when they see someone murdered as a direct result of someone expressing the same sentiments that Steve and others engage in. The person who stabbed the lady was doing so because of only one reason: she wore a hijab and in doing so, before and during the murder, he was expressing the same sentiments as steve. Why personalise it? I consider the hate-speak that you are defending and the steve insists is his right to propagate as increasing the threat to my family. Do i need to be any more explicit and list the females in my family who wear the hijab?

anyone, you've had your say. If you are interested in the topic please i'd be interested in your views.
Posted by grateful, Thursday, 7 October 2010 1:07:53 PM
Of course Einsteins special theory of relativity is applicable to the inconsistencies of a day being 1000 and 50,000 years in the Qur'aan.

Part of the theory being that time travels at different speeds from different view points, it can be applied to the verses you posted at the start of the thread.

Although if a new theory emerges in 50 years time, I'm sure it is possible that THAT theory can then be applied to explain another inconsistency in specific religious teachings.
Posted by Nicnoto, Thursday, 7 October 2010 2:11:12 PM
grateful,
I have to agree with Steve that the Koran is a corrupted understanding of God, the universe and of spirituality.
Posted by Philo, Thursday, 7 October 2010 2:11:57 PM
avoiding shame by twisting the truth is an acceptable practice by many who practice Islam. The ends justifies the means.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 7 October 2010 2:13:24 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 10
  9. 11
  10. 12
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy