The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Gillard's word is worth absolutely nothing.

Gillard's word is worth absolutely nothing.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11
  13. All
Foxy, you don't "need to work on your presentation". There's been absolutely NOTHING wrong with your presentation.

This is how on line bullies like Shadow Minister work: They directly attack others by "pulling their chains" in order to get a response. Now, when that response comes, they'll misrepresent it in such a way as to suggest the person is at fault and needs to alter their behaviour. Then the person who replies feels guilty, and tries to be more conciliatory towards the bully. The bully then thinks he's WON, then proceeds on to his next topic and his next target. This is the way Shadow Minister has been posting since the election. He's in a win/win situation. If you submit to him, he thinks he's WON, if you attack him he attacks back and makes it look like he's the victim.

It's been a big game for Shadow Minister lately. His posts are simply not genuine. He's a baiter, and we've all take his bait.

It needed to be said in black and white. And guess what? I bet this gets deleted or I get banned after SM or someone else complains.

As Shadow Minister just said, for him it's about "crossing swords", and not genuine, mature discussion.
Posted by Jockey, Wednesday, 29 September 2010 10:19:49 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"His posts are simply not genuine. He's a baiter, and we've all take his bait."

This is rich coming from someone who has yet to contribute a single substantial comment on this site.

His repertoire consists of references to faeces and sexual slurs on opponents parentage.

[Deleted for mild flaming.]
Posted by Shadow Minister, Thursday, 30 September 2010 8:12:57 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Jockey,

Thanks for your support and for your kind words.
They are appreciated.
You got a good heart - and I enjoy reading your
posts.

Dear SM,

It's difficult to have a discussion when one isn't
prepared to modify one's views - and one's convinced
that one's right. This is especially true when discussing
emotive subjects like politics, religion, or football.;-)
You do appear to have an agenda - and I usually enjoy
robust discussions, however this hasn't been one of them.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 30 September 2010 11:17:29 AM
While Ms Gillard's word may very well be worth nothing, it's been shown that Mr Abbott's word is equally worth nothing.

When I first read Jockey's last post I thought it was a bit of a character assassination on Shadow M. so I then read some of Shadow M's posts both on this topic and elsewhere. My conclusion then altered and I realised that Jockey described Shadow M's recent behaviour on OLO perfectly. Shadow M even showed in his answer to Jockey's post that Jockey was right, because Shadow M. painted himself as a 'victim'. This is exactly what Jockey said Shadow M does. I think Shadow M is a bully, who dishes it out but can't take it. That's my take on the situation, so I think I better shut up now.
Posted by Transki, Thursday, 30 September 2010 12:50:02 PM
Jockey, Transki

Did you feel so inadequate that you had to register another identity to agree with you? That's just sad.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Friday, 1 October 2010 8:12:42 AM
I am breaking my own word here, lets get this on record I RESPECT GRAHAM YOUNG.
Understand bloke you are conservative, am not afraid of that verbal tennis it can be fun and entertain.
I have no truck with one poster being expelled for having two identity's, its wrong.
Shadow Minister Sir, I read you mild flaming, it was an insult to me too.
Now for civility's sake, for OLO we should stay away from each other.
But here now if I am exiled or not if this is deleted or nor you spoke of my party me and its followers in terms that are much worse than mild.
I have zero respect for you and in not debating politics here say it is your barbed and insulting actions that see me not retreat not ever but in the name of civility ,who ever you are, [that question if answered would answer much] KNOW your views are considered rubbish by more than you think .
GY your task is not easy say the word and I go forever.
But Labor thoughts and ideas are in my view no longer welcome in this forum.
I start no revolution but ask for others considered views have I gone off half cocked or is SM NEEDLESSLY PROVOCATIVE.
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 2 October 2010 5:30:30 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11