The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Australia Day January 1st - Any suggestions on how can we start celebrating on the real day?

Australia Day January 1st - Any suggestions on how can we start celebrating on the real day?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
Dear Sense,

I've already given you that information.

It's found in the very first website that
I provided for you on Aboriginal Monuments.
You obviously didn't click onto anything.

If you were to click onto the "Conflict"
index, on the website I gave for
Aboriginal Monuments, and then click onto
"Indigenous," you would find a listing
of all monuments and memorials that have
been erected at the various places where
conflicts took place between the settlers
and the Indigenous People.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 28 September 2010 7:01:27 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sense, you've shown you're not serious with this. That's "your" problem.
Posted by Jockey, Tuesday, 28 September 2010 9:44:18 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy,

Yes, I'm sorry, thankyou I've looked at that web site again. I thought it was only war related memorials. I assumed that because I sent a link of the war related cenotaph in Sydney. I should have been more thorough and also made my self clearer in the first place. I guess my point is, for example, that we have localised memorials for the different units of soldiers, sailors or airmen around the country who fought in world war two. Simarlily, as we have localised memorials for the different indigenous clans who fought in their struggles.

But, unlike indigenous Australians, our sailors, soldiers and airmen also have national memorials that are representative of all soldiers, all sailors and all airmen. As far as I know there is no national memorial of significance that is representative of all indigenous clans right across Australia, from the torres Strait down, that could reflect their collective struggle as a single people.
Posted by Sense, Wednesday, 29 September 2010 12:44:11 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy