The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Atheism: What does it mean for Social and Economic Development

Atheism: What does it mean for Social and Economic Development

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. All
So I suppose you ascribe your being to sunshine and nature as your creator and god. These are ancient religions found in ancient Egypt and among Island tribal people.
Posted by Philo, Monday, 20 September 2010 2:31:25 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard

"If you are religious you are not a realist. If we were all realists there would not be any wars."

You know it's all about resources, eh?. "Religion" is merely a recruiting tool. 'Realist', lol nice one.
Posted by StG, Monday, 20 September 2010 2:33:44 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I once spoke to an ardent evolutionist who lectures at a university and believes that mankind will one day evolve into gods. I could not help myself from laughing at such arrogance and stupidity.

The average person these days is so corrupt they can't keep their word, their marriage vows or pay the taxes they owe. If you look at the High Priests of the atheist/secular movement you would see it as an absolute joke to think these guys are going to somehow make us morally superior. It is as silly as thinking we could just give billions to African nations to eradicate poverty in those places.

Christ came to earth as the only incorruptible One because no one else was and is incorruptible. We live in a day where arrogance, pride and pseudo science dominates. More than ever we need the grace of God rather than the delusions of puffed up arrogant men who really are the blind leading the blind

My observation leads me to the conclusion that many secularist and atheist are becoming more and more militant in regards to their faith. Look at the likes of Gore/Dawkins and you can see this clearly.
Posted by runner, Monday, 20 September 2010 2:55:19 PM
Surely this thread seems to want to target those like me, none believers why?
Islam is growing so too that manufactured science group.
But in my view we can gain only by leaving all primitive beliefs behind.
I offer as evidence our Christians in this thread, who show little love for fellow man if he/she thinks different than them.
Posted by Belly, Monday, 20 September 2010 5:11:59 PM
Jockey,
Since you claim that atheisn in none of the following- Why is it taught as philosophical dogma by the likes of Dawkins etc to be believed. In their opinion it is the reality of how we should view the universe and the world [philosophy]. You are deluded? or is it the professors of atheism that are deluded about their world view [philosophy]who constantly state there is no creator or mind behind reality?

You said "Atheism is not a philosophy, is not a belief, is not a political affiliation, is not an opinion, is not a religion, is not a lifestyle, is not a philosophy".

Since you do not hold an opinion on atheism or believe its philosophical dogma; maybe you have no right to give your opinion on the subject.
Posted by Philo, Monday, 20 September 2010 5:50:49 PM
Philo,

Atheism is the disbelief in the existence of God. (atheos - without God.....a-not+theos-God) That is the absence of a belief in God
There is no philosophical dogma attached...it is what it is.
(Jockey has every right to give his opinion on anything he chooses - as do we all).
Posted by Poirot, Monday, 20 September 2010 6:23:16 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. All