The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Please do not burn those books

Please do not burn those books

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. All
Why do so many in the western world not like Islamists?
Include me please in that number.
I dislike the confrontation.
The filing of streets in Europe of praying people.
The remarks from the is it pulpit about fresh meat.
The defensiveness every time some one says something we find offensive.
I have been insulted, at work, by youth from this group shouting to go and have? a hamburger infidel!
I blame education both wrong and none.
But we know better.
Confrontation will come, here in our own country.
But two lunatics have actively looked for it, why
One day long after I am dust maybe this world can learn the first law of survival must be let no God divide us and no idiots too.
No flowers in my gun I know we can not avoid reality but lets not force it.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 15 September 2010 5:59:19 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It's rather where I'm going with this point Belly;

After the Danish Cartoons, the Minaret Bans, or the open shows of hostility by Geert Wilders and various commercials showing how 'offensive' and unsafe for practicing Islam these countries are, that are showed to audiences abroad, how many fundamentalists thinking of moving to Europe are still keen? In the past, they were guided by greed alone and thought their baggage would be accepted by a secular country (thinking 'secular' means equality for religions, and not the kemalistic kind of aversion to religion).
The only Muslims that would not care would be secular ones (the ones we'd actually want).

Even with this American guy burning books, it sends a clear message that his state is best avoided (secular muslims too though- but its their benefit to be alarmed at the TV than move in next door to an unstable Christian fundamentalist.

On the flipside, Islamists hostile to secular western culture make similar displays, protests with provocotive antisemetic signs and things people in the West may find offensive, and encouraging Westerners to think twice before trying to set up enterprises or make presences that would likely offend them (even if that is merely being there).

As a result, the 'confrontation' stops on the TV, instead of being kept secret and ending up being confrontation en MASSE, in the streets of either country, with actual bloodshed.
I see many worlds of secularism and fundamentalist religions, that absolutely won't get along, so it's important that people are aware of the things one side does the other cannot stomach, and after the shock settles, realize that this is what the other side wants and kept apart so they do not incite agitations, until a development occurs in either side to make them more compatible. They can still get along peacefully until then regardless.
Posted by King Hazza, Wednesday, 15 September 2010 10:11:04 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It may well be we are seeing the real pain these idiots bought to life.
This morning news headline tell us Australian troops in Afghanistan are said to have burned the Koran.
Unlikely and almost surely untrue but did we give another reason to hate our troops to idiotic Islamists?
Give me no storys of their crimes I know them all, a rabbit would understand confrontation always leads to more trouble however.
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 18 September 2010 6:37:39 AM
Personally Belly this is WHY I think it is better to separate;

We put ourselves in a position where we try to make an occupation overseas LESS hostile towards this group by curtailing our own freedom of speech and expression;

The alternative for me is withdraw and get it back.
Posted by King Hazza, Sunday, 19 September 2010 12:57:24 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy