The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Why is the ALP media in denial about the Rudd effect on the election

Why is the ALP media in denial about the Rudd effect on the election

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. All
My vote for the Rudd gov was negated by Power brokers.. ALP Never again. Abbot Good God NO Greens for senate control YES
Posted by paybacko0, Wednesday, 25 August 2010 6:20:41 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Try to remember how we got to this mess. No not the election we just had nor the one before let's think about the 2004 election. We had a competent government that were doing a reliable job. The electorate were overcome with their own greed and delivered the lib's an upper house majority. There was the mistake. From this they thought they had a mandate to do what ever and for their ignorance lost government to what has proved to be not such a good alternative.
If we have a lesson to learn it is that to have a senate that is diverse and requires negotiation is a positive for the country and for the long life of good governance.
Posted by nairbe, Wednesday, 25 August 2010 10:14:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
My thanks to our thread starter free speech lives, even as you prove when it comes from some one who has little or no understanding of the subject.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 26 August 2010 5:45:15 AM
We should all thank the ALP for showing us so clearly who actually owns the candidates they put forward and just how pointless the current electoral system is. We may as well simply vote for a party and save all the money wasted on the Parliamentary farce. The "power brokers" on both sides could get together for a nice taxpayer-funded dinner once a month (Grange all 'round, of course, they're important people you know). I'm afraid that the only place for the Greens would be on the plate, but some sacrifices are worth making...
Posted by Antiseptic, Thursday, 26 August 2010 7:52:59 AM
Historical post this, anti I agree with part of your post.
Never before have I found such a good reason to eat my greens.
Lets deal, true both party's can now grow up, get legislation past then have a DD election.
Why not?
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 26 August 2010 7:01:28 PM
@paybacko0, "My vote for the Rudd gov was negated by Power brokers.. ALP Never again. Abbot Good God NO Greens for senate control YES."

Do you actually read what you write?!? You're angry because Caucus removed Rudd as leader of the Labor Party, which they're perfectly entitled to do, but one would hope they would have better timing to do in the future, but you're okay with the greens having control in the senate, when hardly anyone at all voted for them?!?

So you're annoyed at losing who you voted for, but you're okay with gaining who was not voted for (the Greens) to have control of the Senate. Is your moniker based upon "paying-back" some confusion?

The trouble with "free speech", is those that put no value upon it. (There's a profound message in there somewhere :-))
Posted by MindlessCruelty, Saturday, 28 August 2010 10:19:59 AM
nairbe you forgot to mention work choices. Belly I have understanding. The tenor and arrogance of your post indicates that you are not yet old enough to vote. Anti I like your post, pity you introduced snide.Mindless Cruelty Your comment that the ALP is entitled to remove the leader, without regard to the voters which installed him reveals that you are obviously a politician or aspiring to be one.7% lost ALP votes 7% increase in green votes, might indicate a reason for the tile of this thread which no one yet has addressed..A clue.. The ALP has committed the worst blunder in 100yrs which will haunt them for many years to come. THEY DON'T WANT TO ADMIT IT
Posted by paybacko0, Saturday, 28 August 2010 1:04:09 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy