The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Thoughts on a Hung Parliament

Thoughts on a Hung Parliament

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Paul 1405

You are absolutely right to bring up this "shocking cover up" about the vital cow dung export industry decline....Catastrophe! it should be raise as a matter of urgency with Both The WTO; WHO,(KARES)sub committee. Where it can be appropriately formatted for the other irrelevant committees of the UN.

Then , in the fullness of time or the transit of Venus retyped, photocopied in triplicate for archiving. The original will then be de-collated by Secretariat of De-colattion (SAD), random pages will be shredded because "it seemed like a good idea at the time". A make work scheme by Secretariat of Rehabilitation, Lapsed Ethiopian Gays Sub committee (SoR LEGS). The rest forwarded for immediate consideration to be submitted to the Committee of Protocol (COP). After being security vetted, forwarded to the committee to the Joint KARES executives(JoKEs).

After due care or haste, it can be eligible for consideration the report on the surviving pages to be forwarded to the Secretariat of Conservation (SOC) for agenda-ising for consideration of submitting further.

If successful the remaining copy goes to the Committee of Linguistic And Generalizing (CLAG) where it will be urgently translating into 199 lingual versions of meaningless drivel for ultimate distribution to the members of the General Assembly. There they may, if they choose, pass the appropriate resolutions which will be vetoed in the Security Council. By this time we'll have a new partisan Govt and it won't matter any more....so why bother!

I also agree with you potential 3 person govt... weren't we unhappy with Rudd's gang of 4?

Chooks will be Chooks.
Posted by examinator, Tuesday, 24 August 2010 6:01:11 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I know we are wandering a bit, however, ask around about the 66.6% top tax we had in the era of 1950 to 1970, how many people looking at that, would agree with it but this was the system applied by the Menzies government. They started working on it in 1945, and with expermenting, found by 1952 that that 66.6% was just what was needed to stop the excessive salaries and other incomes that were strangling the economy and the working community. You try to get any of the parties in parliament to put that tax back into work today, Peter Costello wanted 30% flat rate tax, Wayne Swan won't look at it, he's worried it might work, and the economy might come good and the employment might increase, we can't have that can we. You can't blame anyone if they grab a shotgun and fire a few shots, could you.
Posted by merv09, Tuesday, 24 August 2010 9:09:27 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dreamon, Yes I would sooner see a new different type of government, if we did not have politicial parties, people would be more honest and likely think of plans that were beneficial to the country instead worrying about what their party mates would think, and would think of the rest of the people instead. You must remember that our politicians are supposed to be our peers, our equals but over the years, in 1957, they gave themselves an increase, I don't remember how much, and also they isolated themselves so they are not affected by their chronic decisions over the last 20 or even 40 years, I suggest them getting a cut of 60% in their salary, although I think a cut of even 80% wouldn't leave them underpaid for the way they have run the country the last 20 years. What do you think?
Posted by merv09, Tuesday, 24 August 2010 9:31:49 PM
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 24 August 2010 5:36:46 PM

" ... The ALP have sold their soul to gain 'economic credentials' and 'serious player status' and look where they are now. When the new Senate goes in to vote you will see that The Greens are very serious, so will big business. ... "

*Paul* I agree that there is a risk that the Greens like all others will become corrupted the more they become enmeshed in the processes of temporal power, but I am quietly confident that their core is made of sterner stuff.

However, the science of climate change must be reconciled with big business, hopefully without the need for overtly aggressive and coercive tactics which brings me in principle to my next point and response to *Merv*
Posted by DreamOn, Wednesday, 25 August 2010 1:45:12 PM
Posted by merv09, Tuesday, 24 August 2010 9:31:49 PM

" ... I suggest them getting a cut of 60% in their salary, although I think a cut of even 80% wouldn't leave them underpaid for the way they have run the country the last 20 years. What do you think? ... "

In my personal studies I also pursue an interest in psychiatric studies, as I have had need to care for someone close to me.

Gently, gently is the order of the day when introducing mind altering agents (excepting certain emergency situations) and in this sense I see this principal as a microcosm of *Merv's* question.

Let me first offer another example. If you are an addicted to nicotine heavy smoker, don't shock your bod and brain with cold turkey, but rather, slap on a patch, have some nico gum and an extra durry initially to O.D. to get a psychological associative boost from how foul ciggies can be in excess. Then gradually, reduce the patch strength until you're down to gum, and then gradually ween off the gum.

The pollies, lawyers, drs and dentists are human and replete with all of the same failings that everyone else has, and also often have families and commitments.

I agree though, they need to be clipped in everyone's interests including their own but gradually, in a manner not likely to cause overt damage, to give time for the natural forces of adaptation and personal evolution to take place, and without shattering the psyches of those affected.

*GreenBrowny* understands this I guess, and whilst I suspect he will hold a firm line on the science and the overall direction, I do not believe that he wants to sunder the existing order.
Posted by DreamOn, Wednesday, 25 August 2010 1:49:12 PM
The way forward for The Greens is to articulate to the electorate our broad based range of policies on such issues as health, education, immigration, community etc, etc. Show we are not a single issue party, we are not purely a environmentalist party. Although the environment is and should remain a major consideration when formulating other policies it can't be, the be all and end all factor. It would seem to me the two major parties give far to much weight to the 'economic benefit' when formulating policy and only minor consideration to other factors. The catch cry of the Liberals is jobs, jobs, jobs, when they are really saying profits, profits, profits, profits are fine but again its a mistake to put the pursuit of profit above all else. Labor what do they stand for, I don't know these days, they have lost direction as their vote (38.5%) shows. You could swap about many in the major parties and no one would notice the difference.
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 26 August 2010 7:15:08 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy