The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Language problem

Language problem

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All
I thought Lizzie's approach was refreshingly diplomatic. I didn't see her trying to control anything.
Posted by spendocrat, Wednesday, 31 January 2007 1:50:05 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Lizzie, you are just taking a strong stand on your belief, nothing wrong with that. I probably should have reviewed what I have written before posting it, apologies for saying you trying to control the direction of the debate.

Cheers.
Posted by Goku, Wednesday, 31 January 2007 6:16:44 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
That's OK Goku. Apology accepted. And thank you Spendocrat.
Posted by Lizzie4, Wednesday, 31 January 2007 7:32:57 PM
Thank you Lizzie for seeing the topic as it was intended. The children were speaking another language .Sorry if I upset readers who perhaps don't see the real world happening out side their computers.
My nephew could have just dismissed the children and not been concerned but he is a true caring and Kind person .
I am a sixth generation Australian,English is my mother tongue and how lucky I don't have to learn it,as I think it would be a hard language to learn , I have probably been on this earth longer
than most people here,...here I go assuming ...again.
I am just glad one person saw my post for what it was intended.
I have a great sense of humor and I care deeply for unfortunate people
caught up in our unstable world. thank you.
Posted by patricia22au, Thursday, 1 February 2007 5:00:46 AM
Well thats good to know Patricia, for a momment there I thought you might just be making this whole story up to suite a hidden agenda.

If you can speak three languages you're trilingual. If you can speak two languages you're bilingual. If you can speak only one language you're an Australian.
Posted by Rainier, Thursday, 1 February 2007 9:53:57 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy