The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > If you think Christians are unwelcome here - try Burma

If you think Christians are unwelcome here - try Burma

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All
Proverbs writes “I should be free to disagree with the practice of homosexuals or Muslims or Collingwood supporters as long as I do not disrespect the individuals involved. I should also be free to disagree with their practises without being subjected to personal attacks.”

So its ok for Proverbs to bash Homosexuals and Moslems with the justification of superstition but its not ok for anybody to criticise morally corrupt, deceitful and dishonest practices such as Christianity.

Yet proverbs attacked me for disagreeing with superstition and acknowledging the negative and immoral path that superstition leads to.

Still it is good to see what I said about the ego is confirmed by proverbs and mjpb , you took what I said about religion as a personal attack on you and so thought it necessary to personally attack me. Personal attack is the Christian way, I understand that but proverbs it only confirms my point and discredits your own point about your 30 years of superstition. I also suggest you look up the definition of logic obviously you don’t know what it is. This is not an attack but serious advice.

I believe anybody can believe what they want as long as they keep it to themselves, this includes childish mythology such as Jesus or fairies. Who cares? But here we see in Proverbs exercising the Christian agenda of persecuting homosexuals and Moslems and this thread is an obvious Christian attempt at persecuting Buddhists.

Proverbs I retract my earlier question and expect your God to speak for you if indeed your god supports you. You know full well no god will be knocking on my door to put in a good word for you because god does not exist.
Posted by West, Tuesday, 30 January 2007 11:36:48 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
West

I simply said that I personlly disagree with the practice of Homosexuality. I also stated that it is important respect the person as a valuable and important individual. I did not on any occasion use Christianity to justify my position on homosexualty. That is your assumption, not mine.

I do not persecute Homosexuals or muslims or anyone. I may disagree with what they do but that is totally different. How can you possibly call disagreeing with Homosexual practice "Homosexual bashing".

That is very agressive and Emotive terminology.

If you want an open and civil discussion that is fine. I am more than happy to discuss facts.

You use such harsh language like.

"morally corrupt, deceitful and dishonest practices...........superstition......negative and immoral path......childish mythology...........Christian agenda of persecuting homosexuals and Moslems"

What factual proof do you offer that supports such accusations and don't say "just look at history" be specific.

Common West. Stop the name calling and the wild emotive accusations and lets have a civilised discussion based on facts.
Posted by proverbs, Tuesday, 30 January 2007 5:30:59 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy