The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The 1st victim of war is truth

The 1st victim of war is truth

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
The same could be said about elections.
Here is some truths that have been missing.
1. The (Labour) government didn't waste money on the stimulous. It was defrauded by shysters, tradesmen, & managerial staff.
2. The speed that the international monetary crisis was assuming gave no time for streamlining & tinkering. It needed preventative & immediate action.
There were bound to be poor supervision.
&
3.While there were riots in Iceland.
Burning of the Stock exchange in Karachi.
Portugals,Italy,Greece & Spain were named economic disasters. (P.I.G.S)
And Growing foreclosures & tent cities for the resulting homeless in the US.
With out neighbour NZ in an econmic recession because they actually followed the Liberal agenda, Australia felt almost zero effect, because of the measure they took.
To me, that sounds like the standard for sound economic management.
Posted by rickda, Sunday, 8 August 2010 8:36:14 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Really? Labor wasn't the cause of the schools debacle.Defrauded by shysters and tradesmen.Small business did not effect or sign the contracts.Most of the money was made by the likes of Leightons a British company.Who signed off on these contracts? Not lowly contractors or tadesmen of Govt officials of the Labor Party.It is corruption/incompetence at the highest level in our Govts that allows such waste and rorting.
Posted by Arjay, Sunday, 8 August 2010 10:35:20 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Arjay "Debarcle" is a media word. If it was a debarcle we would have been hearing a different story every night.
Debarcle is when we bought the dud F111's to keep the US General Dynamics company afloat.
Of course there was neglect by senior officials to scrutinize contracts, & probably incompetance due to laziness or the sheer size of the work, but a task as mammoth as this project will yeild millions of lost funds in a 5% failure rate.
I'm not defending this, I'm just trying separate the election spin from what is not yet been verified.
Posted by rickda, Sunday, 8 August 2010 11:48:11 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Australia felt almost zero effect, because of the measure they took.
rickda,
It takes quite a while for for a decease to show symptoms from the time of infection.
Posted by individual, Monday, 9 August 2010 6:11:13 AM
Welcome to our new poster.
Some advice, while we should never let others control our opinions in time you will find very little of what arjay says makes sense.
I offer his post that followed yours run the tape over it, look for truth balance and understanding, I rest my case.
Posted by Belly, Monday, 9 August 2010 6:35:44 AM
individual
I am not saying that it's all over & we escaped. I'm talking about what was done to lessen or suppress the sweeping effects the crisis was having on major international economies.
Every nation is going to have a price to pay, but those that are the most economically fluid will have the means to recover quicker.
As far as who to vote for.Frankly, I think you could take a couple of darts to your election booth & throw them into you voting paper & get the same result, but what this government done does not need political sway.
Thier actions can be judged by what they done, & what other nations done, & the results so far.
No political bias intended.
Posted by rickda, Monday, 9 August 2010 8:23:51 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy