The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The world will change on 8-28

The world will change on 8-28

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Thanx Houle :) yes.. I can't imagine anything more dull than a colorless tapestry of boring agreement eh?

Dear Poirot.. the Beck of 2005 is not the Beck of 2010.. I believe he has deepened and morphed into something less 'insane' :)

Sure..he is a bit hysterical in some of those early shows..and on his radio he tends to be more over the top than on TV...but if you actually analyse his approch on the TV shows this year especially... his style is very evidential......

For example, due to him knowing that the kinds of things Pericles and others are saying, he adopted this method.

BECK ASSERTION "Under Obama's cap and trade.. electricity prices will SKYYYYYYROCKET!" (with all the 'Beck animated froth you can imagine)

VIDEO (Obama) "Under our Cap and Trade policy, the price of electricity will skyrocket"

Now..Becks main request is this. IF...anyone attacks him, be specific.
Don't drag sound bites from Keith Olbermann or Media Matters or other Soros funded progressive Media.. look at what Beck actually says..and test it with evidence.

I'm happy for you to do this..and we can interact accordingly.

Why not 'Crime Inc' ?

The Apollo Alliance.

Beck Assertion "The APOLLO Alliance virtually wrote the stimulus bill"

True or false ?

You only need to peruse the 'acheivements' on their own website to see that Beck is spot on.

http://apolloalliance.org/about/achievements/

http://thelibertyjournal.com/2009/08/10/communist-linked-tides-foundation-funded-apollo-alliance-helped-write-obamas-stimulus/

See the vid on that page, compare with the link above (apollo Achievements).. Beck at his best :)
Posted by ALGOREisRICH, Monday, 9 August 2010 7:25:07 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ah Boazy, all your religious cult activity is clearing affecting
you.

Obama is an extremely active president. He is also wise enough to
know that he does not know it all, unlike yourself :)

Regularly, meetings are held with captains of industry, academic
leaders, all sorts of achievers, for great minds to come together,
to take America in a new direction.

Bush got one thing right, he understood that America is addicted
to oil, not a smart thing to be. Solutions were beyond him.

The Green energy business is growing and it makes sense for America
to head in that direction, rather then leave it up to the Chinese
and Japanese. You might not see it, but you are harldy a business
brain. Much of Silicon Valley in fact agrees with him and huge
amounts of venture capital is being thrown at it, by some very
bright minds. The Govt are throwing in their bit, to bring it
all together.

Will it pay off for America? Sure it will. The first Tesla Roadster
has just been delivered to an Australian customer, we are also
about to become a major customer of American solar cells, rather
then Chinese ones of lower quality.

But all this is beyond you, even if its supported by some of
America's brightest business brains. Just you stick to religion,
the tea party and watching Fox tv. All three will happily take
any of your surplus money.
Posted by Yabby, Monday, 9 August 2010 9:00:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Al,

I believe it was only last year that I watched Beck. He had pictures of Chairman Mao and various other communist dignitaries behind him, and was giving running commentaries on the Obama Administration's supposed communist agenda.
I don't need to dip into Soros funded media to draw my own conclusions on the likes of Glenn Beck.
Posted by Poirot, Monday, 9 August 2010 9:44:02 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Indeed dear Poirot....

but I wonder if you have enough information ?

Did you note the connection between the Maoist/Marxists on Becks background and the people Obama placed in high position?

Van Jones "Green Czar" (Communist)
Apollo Alliance (Marxists if not verrrry left 'progressives')

Beck used that kind of presentation because it is built on truth.

Today... just this morning, he opened his show with "Who is telling you the truth?"

He then showed how the Healthcare bill has 'saved money' according to

a)Most opinion on the 'yes man' team of Obama
b) The 'progressive' media.

Then he shows the opinion of an actuary involved in the assesment of the bill's effectiveness which was ignored by the Media... and it was contrary to the 'correct' view.

Beck always reminds us "Don't take 'my' word for it..do your own research"

and I do :)

Becks personality would 'grate' seriously on some folks.. probably you especially with your usually quiet and understated (gracious)demeanor... but that's just a personality thing.

The issue which should be our focus is "what is the truth"?

As I said.. feel free to find a major and recent 'Beck assertion' and we can discuss it in terms of evidence.

Cheer
Posted by ALGOREisRICH, Tuesday, 10 August 2010 8:29:02 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Al,

You pointed out that Glenn Beck's themes go along the lines..."Charity which is enforced by government policy is not charity."

I had a look on Wikipedia at some of the writings of Alexis de Tocqeville (noting that Dr Alveda King is a senior fellow of the Alexis de Tocqeville Institution) and because I was unfamiliar with his philosophy.
I noted a couple of pieces that seem to be connected with Beck's theme - from Wiki a few quotes from his writings:
"But one also finds in the human heart a depraved taste for equality, which impels the weak to want to bring the strong down to their level, and which reduces men to preferring equality in servitude to inequality in freedom."
and:
"Furthermore, when citizens are all almost equal, it becomes difficult for them to defend their independence against agressions of power..."

The source on Wiki also remarked the Torcqeville explicitly cites inequality as being incentive for poor to become rich.

I realise these quotes are cherry-picked and may be out of context to his overall philosophy. Do you know anything about this social philosopher and how/if he ties in with the current movement?
Posted by Poirot, Tuesday, 10 August 2010 2:33:35 PM
You've got to be kidding AIR.Glen Beck is a media whore.He plays both sides of the fence and surrepticiously pushes the neo-con agenda.

Julian Assange plays a similar role.He will reveal slightly embarrassing info but will draw the line on the real truth.Their role is to be credible whistle blowers who people look up to as having integrity.When the real truth surfaces,their role is to discredit it.

Only the little secrets will be revealed by the likes of Beck and Assange,the really big secrets are hidden by our incredulity and further subverted by the media con men.
Posted by Arjay, Tuesday, 10 August 2010 7:15:21 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy