The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Islamic Jihad - Violent unacceptable but non-violent OK?

Islamic Jihad - Violent unacceptable but non-violent OK?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. 15
  10. All
Two former Islamists in the UK have produced a controversial report which essentially states that many Islamic organisations which denounce terrorism nevertheless agree with the terrorists end-goal of establishing a global Islamic caliphate.
Their main point of difference with terrorists is disagreement over strategy.
ie Terrorists seek global Islamic domination by violent means.
The non-terrorists seek global Islam by non-violent means.
How many Islamic organisations in Australia fall into either of the above camps?
Should we welcome Islamic organisations who ostensibly adopt the non-violent strategy?
What are the implications of having a growing percentage of the population whose apparent aim is to implement Sharia Law?
Does anybody think this is a serious enough issue to concern Australians?
Posted by Proxy, Friday, 6 August 2010 12:55:16 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Also, it has come to my attention that many Christian religions seek to establish some sort of "Kingdom of God" on Earth. It appears that the violent invasions and forcible conversions have been left in the distant past, but the non-violent methods of conversions and "missions" as well as state-sanctioned missionary work undertaken by Christian "chaplains" in our schools continue.

Does anybody think this is a serious enough issue to concern Australians?
Posted by Bugsy, Friday, 6 August 2010 1:26:45 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"How many Islamic organisations in Australia fall into either of the above camps?"
Quite a lot I'd imagine, Hizb Ut Tahir being one that sticks out

"Should we welcome Islamic organisations who ostensibly adopt the non-violent strategy?"
I think we should NOT be welcoming ANY organization that advocates forcing an Islamic state, regardless of how "peacefully" they want to push for it, but BAN them and if possible, deport any members to their countries of origin and deny any members outside from setting foot in our country.

Something about surrendering liberty for safety comes to mind.
And I'm not about to roll out the red carpet for an (anti-western) extremist group just because I'm scared they might fly a plane into a building if they don't get their way.

It'd be like giving permission to the KKK to set up shop.
The implications is that we have a hostile minority the country could do without lobbying against the interests of broader Australia, raise children to be hostile to their host country, and being a likely security threat as many already radical members could easily be further radicalized. And it should be a concern.

As it is, most countries pathetically permit many terrorist organizations solely because they don't actually advocate violence HERE.
Posted by King Hazza, Friday, 6 August 2010 1:47:07 PM
King Hazza

The KKK is here, has been for a while now. Check out the following:

http://www.smh.com.au/national/we-have-infiltrated-party-kkk-20090709-der4.html

Not hard to find more info.

As far as I'm concerned the Christians have the same agenda as Islam - they've just developed a softer approach.

However, I am digressing from Proxy's invitation to vilify Islam.

Please continue...
Posted by Severin, Friday, 6 August 2010 2:40:53 PM
Heck, I should know better by now. But hey, I'll bite.

Let's start with some facts.

>>Two former Islamists in the UK have produced a controversial report<<

Who were these people? When did they produce this "controversial report"? Can we see it? What did it say - not that I don't believe you, just that some people have a way of exaggerating slightly, or leaning over a bit when they read... you know what I mean.

And when you have provided this information, we will be able to judge whether you are simply manufacturing a topic so that we can all stand around and watch another episode of "whack-a-mozzie", or whether there is the meat of a discussion upon which we might chew, in a civilized fashion.

Over to you, Proxy.
Posted by Pericles, Friday, 6 August 2010 3:36:27 PM
Pericles,
Is the Guardian sufficiently left-leaning to give this story credibility in your eyes?
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/aug/04/quilliam-foundation-list-alleged-extremism
Posted by Proxy, Friday, 6 August 2010 8:17:25 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. 15
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy