The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Wyatt Roy

Wyatt Roy

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Otokonoko - I was thinking more of a cross between Wyatt Earp and Roy Rogers...

Apparently my levity wasn't appreciated by some who didn't read my first post properly. I said I wouldn't vote for a 20 year old candidate for any party, because I don't think they'd be mature enough to represent me.

I didn't say he shouldn't stand. Mind you, he appears to be quite loathsome young twerp standing for a party that is a joke.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Sunday, 18 July 2010 9:56:47 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well, there you have it, Wyatt.

Direct from the keyboard of the Lord Dymo, Thread-Labeler-in-Chief of OLO himself:

"..., he appears to be [a] quite loathsome young
twerp standing for a party that is a joke."

Take it from me, thats authoritative. Exploit it for all its worth. I can see your campaign posters and dodgers already:

[Beneath a photo emphasising Wyatt Roy's youth]

"I am a quite loathsome young twerp.
Help put me in Parliament where I belong."

[On the back of the dodgers]

"Be a party to the joke ...PTO"

I reckon voters just might like such refreshing honesty, even if they might not otherwise have considered voting for you.

Just contact Graham Young, Chief Editor of OnLineOpinion, and get permission as to how you can copy and use stuff from this thread. I'm sure he'll be helpful. After all, it would be a sort of vulgar form of advertising for OLO.

CJMorgan deserves his chance at attaining literary immortality, which his composition of your potential campaign slogan deserves to earn him. His views are profound, and his judgements deeply considered. Use them!

And remember to thank Ludwig (from Leichhardt?) for starting the ball rolling.
Posted by Forrest Gumpp, Monday, 19 July 2010 7:54:23 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well, I don’t have any problem with a 20 year-old being elected to federal parliament.

If there were numerous very young candidates, I’d be a bit concerned. But the real issues are policies, integrity, good representation…..and all that boring sort of stuff!

I wish Wyatt a good result in the election and a long and prosperous political career….. for as long as he pursues the right sort of policy agenda! ( : > )
Posted by Ludwig, Monday, 19 July 2010 10:28:14 AM
Sadly competence, aptitude, knowledge or even clear thinking skills are not prerequisites under our political system. So I'm not anymore dismayed by what the system throws up (as in vomits up).

NB Politics is the only profession other than prostitution that doesn't require brains just a body and an friendly personality (genuine on not).
One prostitutes their body the other their integrity.
Posted by examinator, Monday, 19 July 2010 5:17:44 PM
Examinator

You owe an apology to all prostitutes. What a person decides to do with their body is their business.
Posted by Severin, Monday, 19 July 2010 5:27:53 PM
Q: How many narcissists does it take to change a light bulb?
A1: Just one, but he has to wait for the whole world to revolve around him.
A2: None at all, he hires menials for work that's beneath him.

There are a few here who probably won't get that joke, but it is funny and topical in view of some of the harsh remarks made by the few usual suspects about the young fellow Wyatt Roy and about politicians generally. Those contemptible remarks might be more personally revealing than their owners might imagine, hence the joke (there, I have relented and explained it for the few).

Through business and volunteering I meet quite a few politicians and am constantly amazed just how hard they work and how much they seem to care about their electorate and the nation. Of course like any calling there will always be the one who breaks that rule, but that is so everywhere in life.

It is astounding that there are those who would insult a young person who has the guts and gumption to put himself on the line for election. There needs to be a reality check: why dump on the very few who will come forward; and isn't it infinitely worse if young people are rejected and feel alienated instead?

Should old embittered geezers rule? No, absolutely not and the contribution of fresh young ideas is always most welcome.
Posted by Cornflower, Monday, 19 July 2010 7:31:18 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy