The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Marxism - Leninism

Marxism - Leninism

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 12
  9. 13
  10. 14
  11. All
Boaz, the topic is Marxism-Leninism, not Jesus.

Hypocrite.

As for the topic, what SM and Severin said.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Friday, 16 July 2010 3:00:12 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
STG,

If I someone posting drivel, then I am perfectly within my rights to say so. I fully comprehended your post, I just thought that the logic was feeble.

Marx called religion the opiate of the masses, as the church used religion to plunder the poor and keep them accepting of their lot.

Marxism is an ideology that embraces atheism. It is not however an atheist ideology. Do I need to use the cow with 4 legs analogy again?
Posted by Shadow Minister, Friday, 16 July 2010 3:05:05 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Severin,

Do we have too?, no, but here you are anyway. I didn't raise Communism, you did. The topic is Marxism - Leninism.

What's interesting to me, is the reaction to the topic by everyone in here. That actually was expected by me because I wrote this somewhere else and had the same response.

The topic isn't actually about Atheism, or religion. The topic is the practical use of an ideology versus the theoretical rhetoric. The key words in this particular topic caused a predictable response by those on the defence. Most of you have raised issue with things that aren't even there purely because of some conditioned protection to our own way of life.

In this topic I could have quite easily used fundamental Christianity or fundamental Islam.

Human nature; intriguing.
Posted by StG, Friday, 16 July 2010 3:16:55 PM
...which means God won't like us, right?
Posted by Peter Hume, Friday, 16 July 2010 3:35:51 PM
StG

Thanks for the clarification, I misunderstood because not believing in religion (aka atheism) is not an ideology either. However, I agree that interpretations of Marx or Lenin's works can and have developed into ideologies.

Care to elaborate with some examples?
Posted by Severin, Friday, 16 July 2010 4:59:46 PM
"man was not a worm condemned to crawl in the dust, but nature’s supreme creation capable of mastering the forces of nature and making them serve him"

Sounds like the manic side of the bi-polar human pendulum!

I just wonder how many materialists were in fact able to stop fearing death...
Posted by Yuyutsu, Friday, 16 July 2010 5:17:31 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 12
  9. 13
  10. 14
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy