The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > What is the most fun, around home?

What is the most fun, around home?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
I have really enjoyed reading the posts these past few days - thanks for the thread and to all who have put something in. I haven't much to offer but as I am enjoying reading from it thought I should also contribute.

My best fun at home is just being at home. I love coming home every day to our little cottage. It's humble but cute and snug.

Best fun things include:

1. Our conversations. We laugh a lot.
2. Times when my son nags me to watch movies or play computer games with him. We take turns on the tready while watching and talking and at this time of year the fire is crackling bright and warm. In spring and summer with the doors open I can also enjoy the neighbourhood sounds and scents. It's nice to sit on the front porch or steps with a mug of coffee in hand.
3. Any time that the kids come home. Always lots more chatter and nice things happening.
4. Our dawgs. One quite elderly. One middle aged and two youngsters. All small and busy. They are the funniest and funnest little beings.
5. My computer.
6. My gem collection.
7. Our huge library of movies and dvds.

I think we are the luckiest people in the world.

pynch
Posted by Pynchme, Sunday, 18 July 2010 3:24:45 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I'll join in with others in thanking you Hasbeen for this thread.

For me, my lathe in the shed (and all the other bit's and pieces out there)
A marine aquarium which I finally got around to getting this year. I'd had one many years ago but that was all done on the cheap and never really worked, this one has had a bigger budget and decent filtration and lighting and I'm loving seeing what grows.
Wondering in the garden foraging as I go, cherry tomato's, cape gooseberries, occasionally some blueberries or raspberries, strawberries, passionfruit, grapes etc. Sheer bliss.
My telescope, sometimes a night in the driveway looking at the wonders in the sky but more so when I get away to somewhere with a low horizon and few city lights in the distance.
The grass tree I planted just after I moved in here which sits outside the window of the room I'm using as an office and being able to enjoy the light dancing on the leaves on a beautiful sunday morning.
The sounds of the birds by day and frogs by night outside. I'm in the burbs but there are always plenty of birds in the tree's or flying by and frogs in the ponds (and sometimes one in the mailbox).

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Sunday, 18 July 2010 9:00:27 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
RObert, that sounds nice, but watch out for those frogs.

A few years ago, a blood curdling scream from the far end of the house had us rushing down there, to find our youngest daughter near hysterical. Just as she was sitting down on the toilet, she had glimpsed a large green frog in the bowl.

Not your small light green tree frog, this one was at least 18cm from nose to tail, & a dull sage green.

Although raised in the bush, this daughter is a real city girl at heart. After I had caught the frog, & put it in the trees behind the house, it was a few days before she would use that toilet. It did not help that a few days later, another similar one appeared.

We are on a septic system, & after I had caught about 6 or 7 of these frogs, I was wondering just how many similar frogs would be in this colony, living in one of our septic tanks.

You will realise just how quick witted I am when I tell you, I now started to get suspicious that this was the same frog, coming back like a homing pigeon. The next time I took the thing to a lagoon, about a kilometer away, but it was back in a few days. Even taking it to a lagoon, over two Km away did not fox it, back it came.

My daughter was, by this time suffering from severe constipation, she had trouble even approaching a toilet, anywhere.

To preserve her sanity, the next time I gave it a long ride in my little sports car, to a creek near Rathdowney. This shows the extra fun had by a country dad.

My daughter has settled down, & I have not heard any reports of hysterical girls in Rathdowney, so I assume our mate has got sick of civilisation, & returned to nature. I hope so, Rathdowney is a very pleasant place, & it's a nice drive these days, but I don't need to go there too often
Posted by Hasbeen, Sunday, 18 July 2010 2:38:36 PM
The most fun I have at home is playing my musical instruments, composing songs/tunes/arrangements, recording, singing. As I'm now fully retired I can devote my energies to what "really" interests me ........ my music.
Posted by benq, Sunday, 18 July 2010 2:51:45 PM
Hasbeen I used to do a lot of hiking around Mt Barney and a Yowie burger at Rathdowney was obligitory on the way home.

I was recently at a camping site where the toilets have hardboard pieces between the seat and bowl to keep the frogs out, not something you would want to forget in a rushed trip in the middle of the night.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Sunday, 18 July 2010 3:02:23 PM
Bring Back Anti!

Or Col R!

Piper!

If I read the word 'delightful' (Though it does remind me of Bob Franklin) one more time I'm gonna get a machete and go postal.

There's nothing so barf inducing as a bunch of old people (who aren't your grandparents) sitting around reminiscing and relating in the most mawkish terms imaginable the banality of their everyday pleasures.

Yep, sure I do love the sunshine on my shoulders, but that doesn't mean I wasn't relieved when John Denver crashed his plane.
Posted by Houellebecq, Monday, 19 July 2010 11:51:39 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy