The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > OH NO! This is a horrible disaster.

OH NO! This is a horrible disaster.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All
Ringo old ? I have to say that the Beatles never appealed to me much

As soon as musicians started to plug musical instruments into power points I lost interest in popular music. Give me the old big bands of the thirties and forties that played a different dance music and featured true musicians that could read music as well as play by ear. Some of those arrangements are still around and who knows might even appeal to a new generation. I hope so.
Posted by snake, Monday, 12 July 2010 3:40:26 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
snake,

My father used to say the same thing - he loved the big bands. I don't mind a bit of Glenn Miller myself.
Posted by Poirot, Monday, 12 July 2010 3:47:49 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
as with all idols Ringo will go the same way. Jesus Christ however will remain forever.
Posted by runner, Monday, 12 July 2010 4:00:34 PM
Dear snake,

My husband had the old LP records that his father
loved burned onto discs for him so he could
enjoy them. The music of people like - Henry Mancini,
Percy Faith, Ray Conniff, of course Glen Miller,
and many others. My father-in-law passed away a few
years ago, but we still enjoy the discs. They're
simply classics.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 12 July 2010 4:06:53 PM
Sorry runner - at least Ringo's still alive. Last I heard Jesus is dead.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Monday, 12 July 2010 4:18:14 PM
I had to find bro runners post :) yes.. quite right for some people.

CJ.. the account of our Lord's death is certain, as certain as his resurrection. So..sorry if that dissappoints...

BENNY...disaster ?
Posted by ALGOREisRICH, Monday, 12 July 2010 6:38:10 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy