The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The 'sustainable' East Timor solution

The 'sustainable' East Timor solution

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Ludwig, and Foxy, do please indulge me with a check list of 'difference'.
Posted by The Blue Cross, Tuesday, 6 July 2010 11:43:10 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
TBC.. you wonder about Julia's posturing ? :)

You note there is 'no agreement yet' ?

Have you watched Yes Minister so long and yet you do not know Political spin when you see it ? John 14:9 "Political" Bible.

Ludwig.. same goes 4 u u ragamuffin :)

Brilliance is not always in the 'actual'..but the postured.

Unforutnately it presupposes a dumb gullible electorate.

Foxy..

ur toooo easy :) "This should unite us"....cough splutter choke..hemorrhage..coronary- err you actually believe this political stuff ?

Your pupils are not a bit dilated right now are they ?

Advantages for E Timor seem to me that it would bring quite a lot of intellectual and technical expertise to the country.
Posted by ALGOREisRICH, Wednesday, 7 July 2010 8:50:52 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Blue Cross, this is my checklist of differences between the Rudd and Gillard governments.

1. Restored harmony between the government and the people who really run the country: the big miners, with a bit of an increase in wealth distribution from our primary resources to the ordinary people, but with the obscene profits for a few people and companies still well and truly intact.

2. Much tighter border protection.

That’s it, so far!

Even with these two policy shifts, the Gillard government is arguably more different to the Rudd government than Liberal or Labor governments have been to each other for many years, except of course the failed Rudd government which stood out like a sore thumb as being quite different to previous Lib or Lab govts.
Posted by Ludwig, Wednesday, 7 July 2010 10:15:37 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
<< Advantages for E Timor seem to me that it would bring quite a lot of intellectual and technical expertise to the country. >>

RichbuggerALGORE, I agree. Asylum seeker processing in Timor Leste certainly does present that struggling country with a significant potential economic/intellectual/technical windfall. And it would help cement a tight relationship between them and Oz... without offending Indonesia.

It sounds like a nice little win win situation.
Posted by Ludwig, Wednesday, 7 July 2010 10:28:48 AM
Does the government really think the East Timorese will welcome
significant numbers of moslems in their country ?

Have you all forgotten the slaughter that took place there not so
long ago ?
Posted by Bazz, Wednesday, 7 July 2010 10:37:21 AM
Ludwig, thanks for your sterling efforts there.

Hardly anything to boast about is it?

Your first point shows there is no difference between the ALP and Coalition. The bulk of Australians will not benefit much from the 'new tax', and as you said, the miners have got off pretty well Scot free.

As for 'tightening border security'... hardly, some dogwhistling on boats, and not a peek on the fly-ins and overstayers at all.

The differences I see are, sad to say, not much more than the end of Rudd (welcomed) and a female PM (and? The actual benefit beyond the emotional is lost to me at this point).

Oh yes, and the inclusion of an undefined phrase that means nothing into the title of a mass-populater supporter as now being a 'sustainable' mass populater.

I wonder what Foxy sees is 'so' different?
Posted by The Blue Cross, Wednesday, 7 July 2010 10:50:54 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy