The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Would they tell us? religion debate

Would they tell us? religion debate

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. 17
  10. All
I have no intentions of hurting any one, or denying them the right to believe.
I believe in humanity but no God.
Can we talk about this?
If governments knew there was no God, if say ET,s landed and we knew at the highest levels there was no God.
Would we be told, could we handle it?
I could but many could not what set of rules of behavior would we live by?
I get a feeling one day the world may have to look at those rules to live by.
Just maybe this non believer would change little.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 26 May 2010 6:42:15 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
BELLY SAYS

I have no intentions of hurting any one, or denying them the right to believe. I believe in humanity but no God. Can we talk about this?

ALGORE "I am not a racist.. .some of my best friends are race xyz but.." :)

Just being a mirror there Belly.

You believe in "humanity"... ..that's ok..what exactly do you want to talk about ?

We believe in one God,
the Father, the Almighty,
of all that is, seen and unseen.

We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ,
the only Son of God,
eternally begotten of the Father,
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made,
of one Being with the Father.

Through him all things were made.

For us and for our salvation
he came down from heaven:
by the power of the Holy Spirit
he became incarnate from the Virgin Mary,
and was made man.

For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate;
he suffered death and was buried.

On the third day he rose again
in accordance with the Scriptures;
he ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.

He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead,
and his kingdom will have no end.

We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,
who proceeds from the Father and the Son.

With the Father and the Son he is worshipped and glorified.

He has spoken through the Prophets.

We believe in one holy catholic and apostolic Church.

We acknowledge one baptism for the forgiveness of sins.

We look for the resurrection of the dead,
and the life of the world to come. Amen.

NICENE CREED-381AD
Posted by ALGOREisRICH, Wednesday, 26 May 2010 9:17:47 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ps...

BELLY SAYS "what set of rules of behavior would we live by?"

*bingo*... Have I been with you so long Belly and yet you do not hear me? :)
Posted by ALGOREisRICH, Wednesday, 26 May 2010 9:20:29 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
If Governments deny God we end up with Stalin and Mao or North Korea. A fool says in his heart their is no god so I am glad you said 'if'.
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 26 May 2010 9:54:10 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"I believe in humanity but no God"

Before we can have any meaningful and clear discussion, we need to define the terms that we use. We have a problem however, because God cannot be defined (a god that could be defined must be limited by that definition, hence is just a limited being and not God).

Someone may perhaps be able to define "humanity", so then we could discuss what is there to believe in that humanity and whether it is wise to do so.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Wednesday, 26 May 2010 11:20:54 PM
You got me Belly. If humanity is your god, that is your belief. That coincides with Christianity. Because Jesus Christ taught that humanity, created in God’s image, is paramount over the State, and set out the procedures where these humans in a collective, of two or more, never one, could call down the Holy Spirit, to be their Judge, and in Luke 12 Verses 10-12, made the only unforgivable sin blasphemy, the denial of the Holy Spirit as the third part of the Trinity. He condemned Judges.

The word in the Australian Constitution S 79 is judges, generic, uncapitalised, and plural. All substitutes are fakes. An uncapitalised court, is an ecclesia, a church where the community can gather, and collectively, never arbitrarily pass judgment. It used to occur sometimes under a tree, and the president sat on a woolsack.

Get on the blower to your Churchy mate in Canberra, and get him to restore your God, Humanity, in all Federal Courts, and restore to us the courts of Our God, mentioned in Psalm 92 Verse 13. Humanity in the form of a jury, is the only repository of the Judicial Power of the Commonwealth. Until you unbelievers realize that fact, and get away from your forelock tugging dependence on a Judge for justice, then we are in trouble.
Posted by Peter the Believer, Thursday, 27 May 2010 5:16:20 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. 17
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy