The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > CLAUSE 61 and the GAY RIGHTS DEBATE.

CLAUSE 61 and the GAY RIGHTS DEBATE.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. All
I edited two posts above - one from Pericles and the other from CJ Morgan - because they accused AlGoreisRich of being the same person who used to post as Boaz David. This seemed like a form of harassment to me, and as the person who used to post as Boaz David had sent me an email saying they wanted to come back on the forum, but using another identity, seemed unlikely.

However, closer examination shows that there is about a 99.9% probability that AlGore etc is the same person as Boaz-David, so I apologise to CJ and Pericles and I have reinstated their posts.
Posted by GrahamY, Friday, 28 May 2010 9:27:59 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanks Graham. Much appreciated.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Friday, 28 May 2010 10:10:14 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ah the scourge of the internet forum, who is really who... Since it takes about a minute to open a hotmail account, maybe another minute to create an account at O.L.O., how is it rational or sensible to get all worked up about who is who? Even if O.L.O. tracked the IP addresses of people that say nasty things, it wont catch people at the library or internet cafe.

I would tend to think that the capitalisation in the thread title both states the authors' perspective on the matter, and is a covertly hostile invitation for negative comments by those less articulate...
Posted by PatTheBogan, Friday, 28 May 2010 10:54:44 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Posted by *ALGOREisRICH* Friday, 28 May 2010 6:38:02 AM
" ... Dreamy.. and others.. can why try to stick to the topic?

I'm opening eyes to the political process. ... "

Quite right you are *BigAlBoazy* but in your attempt to "open the eyes" of some to the political process as it occurs here in Australi, I would hope that as a Believer .. A True Believer .. ;-) .. that one of your objectives would be as follows:

Metaphysically/Symbolically speaking, the Body is considered to be the Temple of the Soul, and something of the God Head (the Son aspect as some Christians such as the Gnostics and their descendants describe it) dwells therein.

A respect for the inalienable Human Rights of the Individual perhaps could be used to describe this if I were to advance a more secular term if you like?

Point being, is that in Freedom of Religion, the Temple and the God Head of others ought to be respected, which in my view does not include public speaking/preaching, or Heaven forbid legislation/regulations/instruments, that attempt to dictate whom may Luv whom etc carrying the threat of legal limbo or at best " ... to be registered like a dog ... " and I quote the (hopefully) Honourable retired High Court Judge, if one does not adhere to "convention."

Of course historically speaking, some religio/political practitioners have sought to subjugate the Temple and God Head of others, with terrible war and persecution often resulting, as we become pawns in some demented game of, well, describe it as one may.

Thereafter, as said on numerous occasions, I like *PattheBogan* am an unashamed eater of Puss, though my particular choice in relation to sexual preference does not mean that I care not to support those that prefer a pair of cigars, or fluff to the exclusion of the pork sword.
Posted by DreamOn, Friday, 28 May 2010 1:37:34 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
And Oh Yes! I nearly forgot. We had a most interesting story this morning on the quasi Catholic Church of Ukraine during AustNetwork news.

The Priests are permitted to marry (and they hold additional Eastern Orthodox traditions) and they express the view that, amongst other things, that in this way they are able to both serve the Family and the Church, and that is the way both they and their flock like it.

And of course, "surprise, surprise" no registration (allegedly) of rogue priests buggering young boys or violating young girls (over bread and wine/on the altar of Iblis) or indeed covering up for same.
Posted by DreamOn, Friday, 28 May 2010 1:44:39 PM
I was going to write a reply to AGIR regarding his comment on my post, because I naively assumed this was a "genuine" topic by a "genuine" person. That was until the revelations about AGIR from the owner of this site Mr Young. After re-reading AGIR's posts, in hindsight I can now see it's all just "game playing" in order to elicit responses from people who don't have opinions that agree with AGIR - - - it now appears to me that this topic right from the beginning has really been about "AGIR" (that's why it was originally posted). I guess he received the attention he needed.

I'm happy to contribute, but only to "genuine" posters, who write "genuine" topics, and I'll leave the game playing to the children on this site.
Posted by benq, Friday, 28 May 2010 2:54:01 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy