The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Is proposed Mosque at Ground Zero provocative or conciliatory?

Is proposed Mosque at Ground Zero provocative or conciliatory?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All
I owe you a vote of thanks arjay.
you reminded me of my first reaction, I have no answer why I came.
But In your post and sonof a gun I see why I go.
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 16 May 2010 2:31:52 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
While they’re at it why don’t we let them set up a swastika and a huge statue of Hitler in a Jewish cemetary.

The absolute arrogance and insensitivity of some of these Moslems in Western countries is breathtaking and the reason Westerners don’t like them much

Sonofgloin <should we stop a church being built in the same place>

Yes, if it is going to produce more religious fundamentalists who use God as an excuse for murdering and killing, by decreeing it a holy cause.

Let religion be between God and the individual not something decreed by todays equivilalent of some nutty witchdoctor called an Iman, a Priest or a Pope
Posted by CHERFUL, Sunday, 16 May 2010 3:08:57 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Arjay<THE MUSLIMS HAD VERY LITTLE TO DO WITH 911>

Yes , and Elvis is not dead either.

You say Professor Harrit and seven other experts say that Nano Thermite military grade explosive was found in the dust and rubble.

It sounds to me as though the men who drove the planes into those buildings may have been carrying some of that stuff to make sure they did a good job on destroying those buildings.

Men and women on those planes who were in fear of dying rang their wives, husbands and sweethearts on mobile phones before they died stating that the terrorists were all middle-eastern in appearance.

I would believe those people before I would believe some dubious conspiracy theory. I have seen quite a few of these loved ones being interviewed after the twin towers and they all say that the people on those planes told them the terrorists were middle-eastern. Why would you lie about that to your loved ones and family when you rang up to tell them goodbye because you thought you were about to die.

For western governments to kill such a big number of their own people like that is not their way, but it is the middle-eastern way as you can see by Iraqis killing other Iraqis in Iraq.
Posted by CHERFUL, Sunday, 16 May 2010 3:45:24 PM
Dear Cherful,

We shouldn't make assumptions about things
we don't know much about.

In this particular case - according to the
Herald Sun - very few New Yorkers actually
turned up at the Meeting when this proposal
was presented to the New York City Council. Plus,
the City Council passed the proposal
unanimously. It appears that the so called
"mosque" will actually be more of a
"cultural centre," and won't have an Islamic
appearance but will blend in with the surrounding
buildings. Therefore it won't be an "in your face"
type of confrontational structure by any standards.
And who goes into that building won't in any way
deter from the sanctity of "ground Zero."

But, as I said earlier - it's up to New Yorkers
to decide if this proposal is to go ahead or not.
Making judgements without knowing the full facts
for us, is not very intellgent, and tends to give
a narrow slant to our opinions.
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 16 May 2010 3:54:59 PM
Cherful. We are not going to turn this into a 911 debate.Just view the evidence and put your brain in gear before you shoot your mouth off.
Posted by Arjay, Sunday, 16 May 2010 4:11:24 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ARJAY

DITTO
Posted by CHERFUL, Sunday, 16 May 2010 4:47:50 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy