The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > TIME- Do we take it for granted.

TIME- Do we take it for granted.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Today is the 15th of March 2010, about 850pm, or so we are led to believe.

So is time acctually accurate, or, is it simply assummed that the date and time is correct.

Let's go back to the year 0085. Now one would assume that time records were taken by a time keeper and recorded, perhaps on a piece of stone.

So what if this guy/girl slept for two days, or fell ill, or even died and was not found for days. How many days/hours could have been lost?

Is time something we all take for granted?

Perhaps a little meaningless 'Food for thought' hey!
Posted by rehctub, Monday, 15 March 2010 8:56:38 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
According to Albert Einstein, time doesn't exist at all - he said, "People like us, who believe in physics , know that the distinction between past, present and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion."
Posted by Poirot, Monday, 15 March 2010 9:41:59 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I t does not matter if time is months years or century's out of date.
It is in fact different for different people.
But yes it is important.
I measure time in terms of my lifetime, as a youth it did not matter, as a middle aged man it did.
As a bit older than that it is like waves in the sea sometimes it matters some times it does not.
At work it controls me, I most of us, march as quickly as we can to keep up with it.
The very brave? they drop work and time but it still March's on we can not stop it even if it never existed.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 16 March 2010 3:24:59 AM
In the current series of Massey Lectures on the ABC an anthopologist stated that of all the Aboriginal languages and dialects in this country - none have a word for "time".

To be able to truly live in The Present would be a luxury in this modern age.
Posted by wobbles, Tuesday, 16 March 2010 1:59:51 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy