The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > IS AUSTRALIAN POLITICS REALLY DEMOCRATIC OR JUST A DICTATORSHIP

IS AUSTRALIAN POLITICS REALLY DEMOCRATIC OR JUST A DICTATORSHIP

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. All
Facts are Facts and Truth wins always

I have found that since Leigh, Col and country Gal all agree with one another as also stated that the 20 million other Australians also agree with then that be do agree about having an undemocratic Political System in Australia.

One would also have to say that this amount to a benevolent dictatorship which is stated by Leigh.
So Is Australian Politics really democratic or a dictatorship

Well this has be answered

AUSTRALIAN POLITICS IS UNDEMOCRATIC AND IS A BENEVOLENT DICTATORSHIP

This is part of an article posted by Col see Ref

As far as Australia is concerned, Leigh, me and about 20 million others. Oh I know you will find a few loons to support your stance but the vast majority of Australians think similar to Leigh and I.

Ref: Posted by Col Rouge, Wednesday, 10 January 2007 2:11:03 PM

Tapp, count me in with Col and Leigh. Sorry, but we have a democracy. So now its 3:1. Better just accept that you are in the minority (which incidentally LOSES in a democracy)
Posted by Country Gal, Wednesday, 10 January 2007 2:57:41 PM

From Leigh

The draconian gun laws are a croc, as any one who thought about it at the time knew. Criminals are still out there with guns, killing, robbing and threatening. Nothing has changed.

Our politicians have once again fooled dopey citizens into thinking that they (politicians) were doing something to protect them, while merely wasting public money for nothing.

Unless Australians wake up to the fact that we have a benevolent dictatorship, they will wake up one day to find that the benevolence has gone.

Think about the real reason for disarming the population!
Posted by Leigh, Tuesday, 31 October 2006 9:31:54 AM

In general, a nice piece summing up why it is good to be Australian and live in Australia.

It's a pity about the undemocratic enforcement of the silly and dangerous policy of multiculturalism, though.
Posted by Leigh, Friday, 15 September 2006 10:03:58 AM
Posted by tapp, Friday, 12 January 2007 10:26:09 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Re: The Disarming of Australia, Google or otherwise research a Dr Rebecca Peters et al, and see her magnum opus in the form of actions taken by the Howard government - post Port Arthur , the lead up, and its aftermath. What did the Great Gun Buyback really achieve?

Where is she today? But back to the topic...

It has been said that divide and conquer is more the action of an imperialist entity, but could be construed as being one among many in an armoury of 'mechanisms' used by communists to achieve their goals as well.

From a scriptural perspective, yet another observer might say it was a sign of the final days, a symptom of the underlying disease afflicting us world wide, but being played out in our own backyard. Is this the reason for the increase of followers of Hillsongs and their ilk - to counter the upsurge in Islamism in a sense?

Is it more the case of a new crusade being waged on too many fronts, in the hope some confusion will allow disarray amongst the populace generally and thereby the opportunity for a New world Order to come into play?
Posted by Albie Manton in Darwin, Friday, 12 January 2007 7:54:59 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
To am did read that and yes where does that put australian politics but people dont want change a change which means better outcomes and not just at election time

AT LEAST I TRIED.
Posted by tapp, Wednesday, 17 January 2007 12:24:48 PM
Hi Albie,

I posted with you a couple of years back on the NT News "CLP" site which is now Labor.I left Darwin some years back for here (still tropical though mate).

Your words sound like you may have similar views to a number on this thread. Contact is available if you are interested. Australia needs more people like you and us to speak up and oppose the Party hacks like Col. He'd be sitting in a office somewhere paid for by the taxpayer under Howard and thinks he is presenting an opinion. The rest of us know what it actually is. Spin direct from his masters.

Also directly from George. Howard doesn't have a policy other than what George says. Care to praise the Free trade agreement right now Col? Howard's End is near and I'm guessing he'll see the writing on the wall, suddenly retire, at our expense for the rest of his pathetic life and blame Costelloe for the coming loss.

Who ya gonna vote for then Col? Yourself? You sit on your backside writing spin and do nothing. You're welcome to your opinion, but I for one, will not defend your right in that regard as you are less than honest.

Go ahead. Ask for removal of my post. I'll just reword it and continue to expose what you and others like you, in both Parties are. Barrackers, nothing more, not thinkers or free Australians, followers for the $ right?

Note Britain's wind back. George is running out of mates isn't he. Getting down to lap dog Johnny what? And youself of course.

As Tapp wrote. He's having a go and you are not.
Posted by RobbyH, Friday, 19 January 2007 4:56:08 PM
Col. It is simply amusing to see your endless and pointless diatribes. Remember where you stated your votes have always been Coalition? And you obey as he gets us to pay for his holidays.

Try the "Howard's paying his way" rubbish. He ain't and it seems you are amongst the few willing to keep supporting his BS.

Try the "he's offered to pay his hotel bill and a domestic airfare." Bet it's economy. Forget the hundreds of thousands the Raaf and the taxpayers put up for his jaunt. Enough is enough.

As to your completely offensive remark to Tapp re mental health and emotions. You simply display your ignorance and that of your masters. Or perhaps you don't think at all mate. You need an independent brain to feel the emotions of real life. Publish your real details and let's have your words combed through by the appropriate authority. No response coming there is there?

Wait for the "leftie" tag. Wrong again Col. Pre empting your next post so ask someone else what to write OK?

Want some facts on Australia's "evenly balanced education system"? I suspect not. The facts are that the Australian government spends 32% of the budget on public education leaving 68% to guess who. Leaving the public system $1 billion short for guess who? The better off, not all of course but generally. More are beleiving the spin and it's absolute tripe. Yes, yes The States are responsible for Education but where does all the money come from? Us, not the Coalition. The Australian people.

Free Trade? IR? AWB? Interest rates perhaps?

Care to discuss his recent hiring of a further 133 "Coalition" hacks as taxpayer funded help? Meanwhile more homeless die, more people create violence due to lack of aprropriate resources and you cheer it on.

I have plenty of material here Col. Self researched, not at taxpayers expense. Want to keep playing? You could always accuse me of being a burden on taxpayers. Have a try. Keep combing. Good luck.
Posted by RobbyH, Friday, 19 January 2007 5:47:27 PM
RobbyH “He'd be sitting in a office somewhere paid for by the taxpayer under Howard and thinks he is presenting an opinion.”

I write from my own dining room, looking out over the pool.

The nearest I have been to a “government office” in the past year, is on the inside of a Max security prison wall and paid a bit more than the pocket money prisoners earn.

And I do represent an opinion, an opinion which has more credibility than some piece of political flotsam which gets blown in when the wind is coming off the toxic waste tip.

As for “You sit on your backside writing spin and do nothing.”

Strange, I do nothing, yet pay taxes.

As for “Go ahead. Ask for removal of my post. I'll just reword it and continue to expose what you and others like you, in both Parties are. Barrackers, nothing more, not thinkers or free Australians”

Even those who disagree with my view would observe, from the history of my posts –

I would be one of the last people to ever suggest anyone’s post should be removed or anyone should be censored.

My view is

Censorship treats and presents the Sage and the Idiot equally.
Free speech exposes the Idiot and the Sage in the quality of their respective posts.

I would not want to stop you posting your inane idiocy here.

I think, therefore I am and I am free to think of you what I choose (which is almost nothing, less than a greasy smear on the sole of my shoe)

You, through your own words do more to discredit to yourself than anything I could possibly say about you

The rest of your vent is not worth commenting on, other than

“Keep combing. Good luck.”

Having a full head of hair I will do just that.

Oh how the malcontents get flustered. I would suggest in response to

“I have plenty of material here Col. Self researched,”

Please present your “research”, I will be happy to shred it and what you substitute for reputation in a instant.
Posted by Col Rouge, Friday, 19 January 2007 7:58:36 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy