The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Israel

Israel

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_depth/8534303.stm

This now shows Aussie probably frauds were used in this murder.
Regardless of what you think of the victim.
*If it is the Israeli who instigated this murder.*
-It shows a number of things Israel has contempt for national sovereignty not only in alleged unfriendly nations but also that of it friends England, France, Germany and now Australia etc.
- clearly the Israelis haven't learned from their debacle in Norway some years back (murdering the wrong person). this forced the Mossad to pull their collective heads in.

If rules are to mean anything if proven Israel needs to be sanctioned.
Do we sanction other countries carrying out their wars where ever *they* want,even potentially in Australia. If we ignore it will we (Australia) be viewed as a compliant/tacit partner in terrorism? Is this one more straw to making us a target?
To me there are both issues of international law at stake here as well as our own interests.
It should be made clear that Israels war is of its own making and it should not get away with implicating us even peripherally
Posted by examinator, Thursday, 25 February 2010 9:17:12 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Examinator,

Have they proven that Israel is really involved
in this matter - or is it the work of extremists?
Has Interpol got concrete evidence against Israel?

The incident happened in Dubai where a senior member
of the Palistinian group Hamas was murdered in a hotel
room - but do they have evidence of a direct link with Israel
in this matter?

Suspicions are one thing - but Israel can't be sanctioned
on suspicions. Concrete evidence is required.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 25 February 2010 10:42:20 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
In New Zealand in 2004 two suspected Mossad agents were jailed for six months. Eli Cara and Urie Zoshe Kelman pleaded guilty in the High Court in Auckland to attempting to falsely obtain a passport in the name of a person with cerebral palsy.

The New Zealand Prime Minister, Helen Clark, savaged the Israeli Government, not only for "an unacceptable breach of New Zealand sovereignty" but for failing to apologise.

Our Attorney-General at the time, Philip(get me a wooden stake) Ruddock said "I'm not saying it can't happen, but I'm saying what we do is build into our system a range of measures to ensure a high degree of integrity associated with Australian documents." Seems it wasnt good enough was it Phil the zombie?

Israel is a rogue state. A religious theocracy. A sponsor and commiter of terrorism. A colonial and occupying state. An apartheid state with entrenched inequality for non jews. A state with an illegal program and possession of weapons of mass destruction. A state that does not respect ANY countries sovereignty and laws, even those of their friends and allies. A country whos armed forces have commited numerous atrocities from the USS Liberty to Gaza to Sabra and Shatilla to Jenin and now straight out murder by mossad.

Israel must be convinced, by diplomatic pressure, public protest, boycotts, sanctions and even complete isolation, that they cannot lie, cheat, defraud and murder as they feel like it. If this was Iran we were talking about the bombs would already be falling on Tehran. How can the world stand by and suffer such hypocrisy in silence?
Posted by mikk, Thursday, 25 February 2010 10:43:30 AM
Foxy: << Have they proven that Israel is really involved in this matter - or is it the work of extremists? >>

Foxy, you write as if 'Israel' and 'extremists' are mutually exclusive categories. As mikk says, Israel is a rogue State that regards itself as being above international law.

While it's not proven, I don't think anybody much will be surprised when it is.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Thursday, 25 February 2010 10:58:58 AM
Mightily impressed on the "not-Mossad" hit on the Hamas dude by operatives dressed in tennis gear. Puts the Melbournian Serb and Croatian tennis crowd to shame.

Sympathy for a dead terrorist?. lol Nope.
Posted by StG, Thursday, 25 February 2010 11:47:38 AM
Foxy, and others
I did say *"if Israel...."

The site cited does have a graphic on the side when I researched that it did give a relationship trail that seems to implicate.
Israeli ambassadors have been called in by the other countries to explain.

I think we should too for our own interests.

Israel is a country that sees it's self as a law unto it's self yet it tries to get the same countries' sovereignty it has breached on it's side.

It now appears that it was a well financed and large team involved.
Mossad claim a fierce intelligence system it is beyond credible belief that they wouldn't have known of it's existence (tacit support at least.) I note GY edited back my title.

Keep in mind I'm not anti Semitic (I have a Jewish daughter)I would be as hostile if the any other ME nation had done the same.I was incensed by France's attack in NZ too but that didn't involve Australia. This does.

I'll bet you that if this incident is traced back to Israeli privateers, Israel will refuse to extradite them to stand trial. It never has before.(re. Lebanese militia leaders)

Also imagine if we sent in ASIS to 'eliminate' the person who abused our passport or those who made it.

All countries (especially) Israel need to understand there are limits to rogue actions

StG
You missed the point I clearly stated "regardless of..the individual.." I am concerned about the meaning of international law but it's the involving of Australia that is of direct interest to me.
Posted by examinator, Thursday, 25 February 2010 12:29:20 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy