The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Why leave for somewhere new when you can't accept change ?

Why leave for somewhere new when you can't accept change ?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
Foxy,
When I said that our basic foundations are Westminster, I meant just that. Our parliaments, courts, defence, education, local councils and police are all based in those in the UK, with some modifacations. In fact many of our other institutions and cultural traditions are based on those in the UK.

These are the foundation blocks of our culture and society.

Maybe it was laziness on my part and perhaps I should have taken the time to explain it more fully, but I thought the use of the word Westminster would surfice.
Posted by Banjo, Thursday, 18 February 2010 9:44:01 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Banjo,

The problem I have with many discussions on OLO is that they tend to deficient in the following.

1.They are argued by the very unrealistic polarized extremes.i.e you either support AGW or you don't, You're either pro labor or the anti labor camps.

2.The devil is always in the detail.

re the latter I would suggest that the differences i.e. the detail between the Australian system that was modeled on the Westminster system is substantially different.

Even the laws and structure, while there are some decisions that influence extra juristictionally . In detail, they maybe valuable as amplifying in illustrating a principal but they are far less dominant as a precedent citation as such. Therefore, direct comparisons can be perilous.
Posted by examinator, Friday, 19 February 2010 12:15:44 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy,CJ,Examinator:

It has been said " There are none so blind as those that cannot see!"

Look around you, take particular note of the scenes presented by the TV cameras as they pan the masses choking the streets of our major cities CBD`s during news broadcasts etc,.....pick the "white trash" out the predominantly Asian/Afro multitudes, then tell us that we DO NOT have a problem!

It is not an unforseeable fact that at some time in the not too distant future we may be faced with hostilities from one or other of these non-white Anglo Saxon / non-white Caucasian countries,.... countries whose former residents are now residing in Australia, so it is to be asked as to exactly where the loyalties of these "political, financial, opportunistic refugees" will lie, should the inevitable hostilities occur?

It appears that in recent times we have been "forced" to embark on a campaign of filling the beds with foreigners, simply to appease the whims of the "Populationists" in their crazy plan of "Populate or perish!"....this type of thinking in today`s modern world is total insanity and at best most irrational, but it certainly does seem to grab votes!

We are now witnessing the rapid escalation in crime across the country, and I have noticed that if a perpetrator or suspect is a member of the Indigenous community, the fact is openly stated by the media, ...however if the perpetrator or suspect is of Ethnic decent the fact is very seldom disclosed by the media,.... in essence Australians do not want to be told that migrants are causing trouble, as it may slow the influx accordingly!

Enough is enough!
Posted by Crackcup, Saturday, 20 February 2010 12:08:41 PM
Dear Crackup,

I'm not sure of the statistics -
but the last crime arrest that I remember on the news -
was of the bikie drug dealer and his associate -
both criminals heavily involved in drug trafficking.

What about those young kids who beat up that grandmother?
They weren't of any ethnic descent.
And there's many more incidents - taking place daily.
For which locals are responsible.

Let's not forget - Australia's early White settlers,
unlike their American counterparts who left England
to the promise of a richer and freer existence,
were dragged kicking and screaming from the dungeons
of Newgate and the hulks of Bristol to the living death
of an isolated and barren land.

There were prostitutes, bushrangers, cattle-rustlers,
and all forms of rogues and criminals who came to these
shores from England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, Germany,
France, USA, China, India, Arabia. The country was built
on that heritage.

Today's cultural economic betterments have been brought
about by the different wave of migrants over the years -
from which we've all benefited. We've changed from a
cultural backwater, a conformist society, to one that
is unique and admired all over the world.

Australia is under a legal obligation to accept a
certain amount of asylum seekers/refugees. Most countries
receive a far greater proportion of refugees per capita
than Australia ever did.

Now with the skilled migration program that the government
has put in place - this will supply our country with the
workforce shortages that we need.

As I said in my previous post - "troublemakers" come in
all shapes and sizes, however, it's important
to remember that they are a minority.
Let's not tar everyone with the same brush!
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 20 February 2010 4:01:00 PM
Today's cultural economic betterments have been brought
about by the different wave of migrants over the years -
Foxy,
These were migrants who decided to leave their homeland to start a new life in Australia. Unfortunately, nowadays a large %age of people arriving on these shores do not share these goals, on the contrary.
Posted by individual, Saturday, 20 February 2010 7:29:58 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy